Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been asking around here recently about mods and I'm kinda stuck as where I should go. I have a completely stock 06 Mustang GT besides the new Shelby Razor 20s i put on last summer (honestly i probably should of waited for that). I live in Minnesota and if you ask me personally a Mustang is no place for the snow. Currently my mustang is locked up in storage waiting to be let out while i wait for the weather to warm up. I only get about 3 good months to drive her and college certainly doesn't help the decisions. Thats why I'd like to decide now, get her in the shop (or do some myself) and have her ready for summer. I saved up all summer for a super charger last year for it but soon realized that I should be "wise" and save most of it. So far I got about 2500 to spend on it and I am absolutely stuck as to where i should go next. But just to note, overall I do put performance over looks but looks definitely are big for me for this stang. But if i could get some suggestions or ideas to help me out here that would be great. Thanks guys! (Pics on attachments)

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
If your not going to supercharge your car I'd go with an intake, tuner and full exhaust. You may be able to do it all for $2500 depending on which exhaust you go with. Search out this stuff on this site to get some ideas which is best for you. I know some people at Tousley Ford but, I don't know how far that is from you. Check the section of members in your area. The posts there can probably help you find a place for installation.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Ok, if I were you, here's what I would do:

Drop it (~$250)
UCA/LCA/PH Bar (~$400)
CAI/Tuner (~$550)
Midpipe of your choice (~$175-250)
Axle-back of your choice (~$175-500+)
Gears (~$200 + ~$500 install)

Tools, if you don't already have them (~$300)

All of these mods minus the gears can be done in your garage or front yard. Get some help and you can do it in a weekend. Check around for good deals (see list of vendor sites on 2005+ Talk page) and you may be able to throw something else visual in there. Car looks pretty good as-is IMO.

Hope it all works out for you.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
+1 on what Bigwilly said. And if can can scare up a little extra scratch, long tube headers!

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
The only thing else I would add is a Relocation Bracket for the LCA and a shifter if your a 5spd

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, if I were you, here's what I would do:

Drop it (~$250)
UCA/LCA/PH Bar (~$400)
CAI/Tuner (~$550)
Midpipe of your choice (~$175-250)
Axle-back of your choice (~$175-500+)
Gears (~$200 + ~$500 install)

Tools, if you don't already have them (~$300)

All of these mods minus the gears can be done in your garage or front yard. Get some help and you can do it in a weekend. Check around for good deals (see list of vendor sites on 2005+ Talk page) and you may be able to throw something else visual in there. Car looks pretty good as-is IMO.

Hope it all works out for you.
How much extra horse power do ya suppose these mods might add me anyhow? Also I'm thinking about adding a front chin spoiler, gonna have to paint it i suppose (professionally), hopefully stripes won't be too much work either.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
How much extra horse power do ya suppose these mods might add me anyhow? Also I'm thinking about adding a front chin spoiler, gonna have to paint it i suppose (professionally), hopefully stripes won't be too much work either.
I would suspect in the range of 25-28.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Like STL said, 25-28 seems to be the average. Trust me, it will feel like an entirely new car. I guarantee you won't be overly concerned with the numbers once you put your foot in it, especially with those gears.

I'm not sure who, but someone offers the chin spoiler already painted. Won't likely save much cash, but it will save you some time.

Be a cautious and smart shopper and you should be able to throw in those relocation brackets, chin spoiler or a shifter as well. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like STL said, 25-28 seems to be the average. Trust me, it will feel like an entirely new car. I guarantee you won't be overly concerned with the numbers once you put your foot in it, especially with those gears.

I'm not sure who, but someone offers the chin spoiler already painted. Won't likely save much cash, but it will save you some time.

Be a cautious and smart shopper and you should be able to throw in those relocation brackets, chin spoiler or a shifter as well. :bigthumbsup
I can believe it, only problem is i got a automatic tran in mine. Should i still get different gear ratios? Also if i could get a chin spoiler painted with pin stripes...that would be awesome, but thanks for the help guys!

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I can believe it, only problem is i got a automatic tran in mine. Should i still get different gear ratios? Also if i could get a chin spoiler painted with pin stripes...that would be awesome, but thanks for the help guys!
A set of gears will really make a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
AT?!? EVEN BETTER!!! Getting thrown back in your seat while eating a cheesburger? AWESOME!!!

Seriously, transmission won't make a difference. Go for it!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alright kool, i take it FRPP for the gears then? (thats really the only ones i can think that would be best or atleast to install them)

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I'm with you bigwilly and stl. The only other thing you might want to think about are anti-squat brackets (CHE sells some as do some others I think). Adding them to mine really made a difference in the "rear squat" phenomena on relatively "hard" launches, something I found annoying before I installed the brackets.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I'm with you bigwilly and stl. The only other thing you might want to think about are anti-squat brackets (CHE sells some as do some others I think). Adding them to mine really made a difference in the "rear squat" phenomena on relatively "hard" launches, something I found annoying before I installed the brackets.
That's the one mod I never did :hihi:. Did you have them TIG-welded in?

·
Registered
527 Posts
ive got the same looking stang only with bullits the black and white is an awesome combo also im with you on the automatic transmission i get a lot of heat for it but its better than what most people who ask me have i would go with exhaust slp loudmouth are my favorite jlt intake and 4.10 s

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey does anyone know either online or a shop where i can get this chin spoiler already painted with pin stripes or even without?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the site, one thing though and what about stripes? Do they do it or should i possibly put them on myself or get someone else to do it?
You can contact them and find out, but I doubt they will. You would be better off getting it all painted at one time by a local shop.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.