Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Just bought my first mustang. Its a 2006 mustang gt 4.6 automatic....
I am a member on one other forum for my Honda trx450r..

I do not know how this forum works yet but I thought id ask a few questions on the first day...

When cruzing at 55 my car says 55 but gps and cell phone says 45. So I believe its 10mph off. Doing 80mph on car cluster my rpms are at 2.5rpm As I've read on here dealer can not change this, but a sct programmer can?

My car barks the tires when it shifts from 1st to 2nd, and 2nd to 3rd. Idk if a automatic should do that with out heaving a programmer already or different rear end gears. What u think?

K&N short ram intake
Axle back flow master mufflers
18in mustang black with polished lip wheels

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hello! Just bought my first mustang. Its a 2006 mustang gt 4.6 automatic....
I am a member on one other forum for my Honda trx450r..

I do not know how this forum works yet but I thought id ask a few questions on the first day...

When cruzing at 55 my car says 55 but gps and cell phone says 45. So I believe its 10mph off. Doing 80mph on car cluster my rpms are at 2.5rpm As I've read on here dealer can not change this, but a sct programmer can?

My car barks the tires when it shifts from 1st to 2nd, and 2nd to 3rd. Idk if a automatic should do that with out heaving a programmer already or different rear end gears. What u think?

K&N short ram intake
Axle back flow master mufflers
18in mustang black with polished lip wheels
IMO it sounds like you bought an awesome car :bigthumbsup

As for the speedo, I have never heard of it causing it to differ my 10 mph, but if you put bigger rims on the car it will affect the speedo if you don't recalibrate via a programmer.

I have a manual, but to my understanding, if you look at what rpm the car shifts at is a pretty easy way to tell if there is a tune on the car. Someone will correct me on this but I believe 6000 is stock shift point or less, so if you are above that, you have a tune.

As for rear end, I can have mine in 4th gear going 50 mph and the tach should be right around 2000. (that is with the stock 3.55s) If yours is different from that, you have a different rear end. But someone with more your mods will chip in and get you straightened out. Welcome to the forums man and congrats on the car :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I came from a line of Honda civics..shhhh don't tell any one. Though my last ride was a f250 v10...

Ok il mash on it and see when it shifts, thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Sounds like the car has had gears installed:bigthumbsup. My auto will "bark" the tires into 4th with the Bama race tune. It also sounds like it was tuned. Do you have firm shifts? Does it feel like a manual a little? If so, maybe the guy used the wrong gear or rim size. Congrats on the cool car either way!

Oh and this site is probably just like the civic site, only we drive cool cars:laugh: :winksJust kidding! Welcome. :bigthumbsup

-Chris

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well good to know you guys are friendly!
yeah when it shifts it it shifts pretty aggressive. With only 22k miles on OD. I wouldn't think it was a bad thing it shifts like that.

I woulnt guess there is a way to see if it had gears with out opening it up?
And I going to order I Sct but, what if it already been tuned? :/

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
My wife and I drove a mustang for our wedding a year ago. A frined of her family let us borrow their stock 07 GT convertable for the wedding. They let us drive it around the thursday before the wedding to get the hang of it. It was a manual and I didn't want to stall it in front of everyone at the chuch on the big day. I already can drive a stick, but I had never driven a mustang before.

So, as we are driving around getting the hang of it, I noticed that it seemed like I was going slower then the speedometer indicated. Driving on the interstate, the car said I was going 75, but it seemed like I was getting passed a lot for going that speed. I think the calibration of the speedometer was off or something. I didn't have my GPS in the car, so I couldn't see what the GPS said I was going. Maybe yours is off too. I'm 99% sure they didn't mod the car at all. It still had stock everything, including wheels and tires. I would imagine it had stock rear end gears too.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
If it shifts hard then it's been tuned for sure. It's surprising then that the speedo wasn't fixed. Does the amount you're off by, change with different speeds? The faster you go, the more it's off?

Tell you the truth, I'm not sure what will happen since it's already been tuned. When you first upload the tune, the tuner downloads the stock settings. You may have to get the stock settings reloaded before you can tune it? Not sure. Ask the guys at american muscle's tuning dept. Bama:bigthumbsup

Is there a chance the person you bought the car from can shed some light on this? And if you bought it from a dealer, ask him to get in touch with the former owner, maybe he still has the SCT and would be willing to sell it to you or at least tell you which gears are on it.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes, that faster you go, the more the speed is off..

like 10 is bout 10... 30 is about 27. 60 is 50.. givr take a few mphs

yeah ill call the dealer some time and talk to them about it.. try to get some names and numbers...

you think they could hook up to it and see that its not stock tuned?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts