Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2006 GT Convertible has had a problem for the last 8 months or so. I have replaced the bulb with no success. I can play with the harness and get it to come back to full intensity as well as hit the headlight cover with my "Fonzy" touch and get it to come up. I think it is most likely the harness or ground. Does anyone have experience with the harness? I have searched many times, trying to find a part number but cannot. I took off the plastic near the hood latch, but can't see how far back the harness goes. Any help with part numbers, pics or experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
657 Posts
It sounds like you have a bad ground or ground wire in that harness. If you move it and the light gets brighter, there is a possible broken wire that may have been kinked and had some wire strands broken that touch when you bend or move it. Just look for any physical damage or possible repairs that did not hold up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
it does sound like a wiring problem, i had a bulb fade and noticed everytime i was behind somebody. it will drive you crazy until you get it fixed:rollgrin: keep us posted on the repairs:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
There are two grounds on top of the core support next to eachother...they are towards the right side of car (left of you when facing car with hood open). The one closest to drivers side of car is for the headlamps. I believe there are two black wires connected there to a round connector screwed to the top of radiator support. I would look for a problem there lst ...and there may be a splice near there (inside plastic cover for wires) if there is no ground problem with either of those wires right there.
The rad fan ground is also within these same wires... not clear as to exactly which wire is: rad fan ground, right headlamp ground and left headlamp ground

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.