Ford Mustang Forum banner

2006 Mustang GT or 2006 Charger R/T

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  jim293 
#1 ·
Which one would you pick between these two:

2006 Mustang GT

2006 Charger R/T

I know the Charger is not to everyones liking and most of you would say go with the stang...but I have been really thinking of getting a 4 door since its hard having a 2 door and having 2 grownups sitting in the back seats....and the stang would be my only car...

also i think the charger is tastefully done and has a certain pimp factor to it hehe (22inch wheels are the perfect size for that car)...

What do you guys think...

G
#2 ·
honest opinion... i hate dodge. i think they are built kinda crappy.

it depends on what you do. they mustang will be faster. will respond to mods better. is a good daily driver and will get good gas mileage.

i think they mustang would be a better car no matter what you are doing with it.

G
#4 ·
You asked:

Without getting into a pi$$ing match, Dodge missed the boat on the styling for the Charger, if you have any sense of style - it truly is fugley with 4 doors and worse with the stripes and crap they have for it... the challenger looks real hot but not good for you because it has 2 doors... and did I mention the only Dodge I would ever own would be an old one and that's only after I get my 70 Mach1 Twister. :D :D :D :D

#5 ·
I think between the charger, magnum and 300...the charger takes it hands down because it looks much better than the others and has an agressive look to it in the front...

#7 ·
Silly question, but coming into a MUSTANG Forum, did you really expect to be told the Charger would be better ? ? ?

#9 ·
well if your needing a 4 door then id say ya go with the charger next best step to the mustang they are both nice cars i just prefer ford over dodge and especially over chevy or any import just my 2 cents go with what ya like you'll be the one living with the concequences

#10 ·
I have one(05GT), wife has the other(RT charger), father has 300c hemi heritage edition.

If you want to build a fast car. Go with the GT, just soo many more part vendors, blowers, turbo's, engine builders, and great groups around the country.

If you want to be cruising in comfort, need the extra doors and space, don't mind the extra 1000lbs, the lack of a manual tranny, yet still want a fairly quick car with some balls on the highway. Get the Charget RT with R/T package. Hell or better yet the 300c hemi heritage, more cash but just as fast and way more plush on the inside.

#11 ·
you are almost talking apples to oranges when it comes to a Mustang GT or a Charger R/T. they have different functions. The Mustang is a true sports car and the Charger is more of a family car.

I like the looks of the Charger on the outside, but on the inside it looks very cheap in my opinion.

I wouldn't swap my Mustang for a Charger even if you paid me 10 large on top of the trade.

#12 ·
Charger????

*vomits a bit in mouth*

*runs to nearest trash can*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.