Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres the dilema.

We have come across two really good deals. Not sure what one to go for.

The 06 GT is that soft colored green. 36,000kms. 17 inch wheels(not the nice ones, would have to evenually purchase a nicer bigger set) and a tan leather interior. Previous owner has added an afe cold air intake and exhaust. Not sure the brand. The vehicle is at Ford. Not sure if I like the idea of a previous owner adding those upgrades. The car feels very tight though and sounds great. It was a factory order. Price $19,000.

The 07 GT California Special is black, two tone leather interior, 18 inch stock wheels ( wouldnt change these wheels), and stock motor and exhaust. 39,500 kms. It comes with a prepaid maintence and warranty package to 100,000kms. Would have to pay for a out of province inspection, and 2 yrs ago it had some water damage. And all the carpet was replaced by Ford. Price $22,000

Im leaning towards the black GT CS my wife is more towards the Green GT. What do you think? Give us some feed back.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hmm...depends on how much you want to mod the car. IMO, if you want to go all out with the car, I'd go with the '06 GT. If you want to do some mild mods, then go with the GT/CS. Its not worth spending the money on the GT/CS if you're going to drastically change the appearance and whatnot. (IMHO, anyway.)

·
Registered
356 Posts
1. Personally I would never buy a car that had water damage. If all the carpets were replaced it means that this was more than a leak, it might have been in a flood.

2. The Legendary Lime is an awesome color, not a lot of them around!

3. The mods are nothing to worry about. I have similar mods on my 07 and I baby the thing. (of course, I'm an "older" driver)

Go with the Lime!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wasn't Legend Lime an '05 color only?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Wasn't Legend Lime an '05 color only?
No, it was also produced in 06.

The CS is a year newer. Assuming the water damage wasn't serious I'd go with it.

BTW is FSJ Fort St. John. Used to live in PR.

·
Registered
268 Posts
1. Personally I would never buy a car that had water damage. If all the carpets were replaced it means that this was more than a leak, it might have been in a flood.

2. The Legendary Lime is an awesome color, not a lot of them around!

3. The mods are nothing to worry about. I have similar mods on my 07 and I baby the thing. (of course, I'm an "older" driver)

Go with the Lime!
I agree with you 100% on the water damage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice everyone! Keep it coming.
And yes, FSJ is Fort St John. PR is Prince Rupert? We toured through there on our honeymoon. It was fantastic!

·
Registered
331 Posts
i have an 07 gt/cs and LOVE it....im not going to change anything about it appearance wise.

however, the water damage would steer me away from it completely. just too risky for me. id get the lime green one! with some black accents, itll look sweet. you can always get the cs bumpers and sideskirts if you like those.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Thanks for the advice everyone! Keep it coming.
And yes, FSJ is Fort St John. PR is Prince Rupert? We toured through there on our honeymoon. It was fantastic!
No, PR is Peace River. Grew up there. Good luck on your choice.

·
Registered
621 Posts
if youre more partial to the black because it looks more aggressive than the green gt. theres a green one like that by my work every day that has blacked out head and tail lights wiht black racing stripes and that definitely turned it into an aggressive looking green. ill take a pic if you want

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I spoke with the owner and I guess it was a ford problem that was recalled. Had a big rain storm and water came in through under the windshield in those vents somehow, into the car, and the was a bit of a puddle of water on his passenger side floor.
They pulled the carpet. Done deal. So not as big a deal as we were scared of.

·
Registered
621 Posts
alright ill take a pic of it when i see it again, but as i dont stalk the guy it might be a couple days lol.

·
Registered
621 Posts
ok he musta known i was lookin for his car today cuz it was gone. ill get it up ASAP!

·
Registered
26 Posts
GT/CS for the win! Mine's an '08 and I love the difference in the front and rear trim from the regular GT. I'm planning some really mild outside changes like a different spoiler (a duckwing of some sort) and maybe quarterwindow covers. Nothing too far from stock. Under the hood will eventually be a whole other story. Anyone wanna give me about 7 grand for a supercharger?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.