Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 GT Convertible. The drivers seat is fully adjustable, the passenger seat is fixed. It sits quite low and is uncomfortably low in my and my wife's opinion. I added spacers at 2 of the corners to raise it up a little and it helps but not a lot. Ideally I'd like to attempt to swap out a drivers seat base onto the other seat, swap the controls to the other side facing the door so they can be reached and raise the seat to the desired level. Has anyone tried this? Does anyone feel the same way? Does anyone have the seats out of their car so they can look at the feasibility in attempting this feat? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hmm, I find the passenger side to be very comfortable. But dont forget about the lumbar support which is in the back rest that is if it still works, they are made poorly. Might be worth switching the whole seats out.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Starting in 07 there was an interior package that included power passenger seat, same controls/flexibility as the driver's seat has. You might see if you can get the parts for that. One of the conditions my wife made when I purchased was that I get this option and it was a good move. It does raise the seat up significantly.

·
Registered
277 Posts
search the archives. I remember several people interested in the power passenger seat. a couple of folks priced the pieces needed and it came out pretty $$$. I think I recall someone actually did the install, may have found donor parts.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2006 GT Passenger seat adjustability

Thanks guys. Thats why I love this forum. No matter what questions you have you always get a great response from readers. One more question though: I suppose you could purchase a used 07 or newer seat and seat bracket and plug and play for hopefully less than the $535 to do the rather involved conversion?

·
Registered
75 Posts
One more question though: I suppose you could purchase a used 07 or newer seat and seat bracket and plug and play for hopefully less than the $535 to do the rather involved conversion?
Good Luck on that one! Maybe in 10 years, but not now. Unless the seat was in a fire, then maybe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.