Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using a Race Tune as their driver?? Any potential problems to look forward to?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I run a 100 octane race tune all the time. I also run 100 octane all the time though.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Race tune is not defined but I would think it should be safer than anything else since it would have to be spot on to get the most HP.

100 octane in a daily driver ?? That's like almost equivalent to my monthly car payment.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
im running a bama 93 race its great for DD no worries other than 93 prices!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I only use it, unless I am spraying nitrous. Then it is the nitrous tune.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok that sounds like a go. I wasn't sure if they specified anything that wouldn't be safe for dd. I want to try some diff tunes. I would image a race tune would have a little more pep.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Ok that sounds like a go. I wasn't sure if they specified anything that wouldn't be safe for dd. I want to try some diff tunes. I would image a race tune would have a little more pep.
Give Chris a call at Tillmans, one of the best out there.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Anyone using a Race Tune as their driver?? Any potential problems to look forward to?
I have Bama's 93 Race, Torque, and Performance. I haven't used the Performance tune much, but I like the Race tune for highway driving and the Torque tune for city driving. I see you already have Bama's Torque tune, are you going to get their Race tune also?

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
I use it for DD and some of my trips are 300 miles.

I thought my race tune was attached to the bottom of my right hand leg, I run it all the time. Always have. Wierd:scratchchin:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have Bama's 93 Race, Torque, and Performance. I haven't used the Performance tune much, but I like the Race tune for highway driving and the Torque tune for city driving. I see you already have Bama's Torque tune, are you going to get their Race tune also?
Yeah that is why I was asking. I am also getting a 93 tune from Brendspeed. I really don't run the peformance tune from Bama much either. I like the torque tune alot. Is there a big difference between torque and race as far drive feeling?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Yeah that is why I was asking. I am also getting a 93 tune from Brendspeed. I really don't run the peformance tune from Bama much either. I like the torque tune alot. Is there a big difference between torque and race as far drive feeling?
The biggest difference in the torque and race tune is where it makes the power. The torque tune seems to make more low end to mid range torque from 1,000 rpms to about 4,000 rpms, but from about 4,000 rpms and higher seems to just not pull near as hard. The race tune seems to really kick in at around 3,500 rpms and just keep pulling harder and harder all the way up to redline.

I generally like the torque tune for city driving since there isn't as much of a chance to get into higher rpms as much, and the race tune for highway driving for when you want to stretch her legs out.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Yeah. The race really helped the top end pull. It's fine for a daily driver but is incredibly touchy when the engine is cold. It sometimes makes you look really stupid but goes away after about a minute.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah. The race really helped the top end pull. It's fine for a daily driver but is incredibly touchy when the engine is cold. It sometimes makes you look really stupid but goes away after about a minute.
Sounds like alot of fun to me!! LOL

·
Registered
494 Posts
Great thread.....I just received my c&l racer and sct from bama with 93 race,torque and performance.Just waiting for my kooks lt's and catted h to arrive so I can slap it all on.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.