Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the ford short throw shifter (M-7210-T1) comes with the dust boot? it says it comes with a shift boot, but i've seen the same part get many different names...

otherwise, anyone know where i can find a dust boot for manual trans?

thanks!

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not lookin to pay a huge markup lol

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
Yeah, those damn retail outlets that are there for you to buy your cars from and do your warranty work marking product up to pay their overhead. Those bastards piss me off too. Who do they think they are anyway?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yeah, those damn retail outlets that are there for you to buy your cars from and do your warranty work marking product up to pay their overhead. Those bastards piss me off too. Who do they think they are anyway?
um... prob the guys who sold you your car :D

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Anyone know if the ford short throw shifter (M-7210-T1) comes with the dust boot? it says it comes with a shift boot, but i've seen the same part get many different names...

otherwise, anyone know where i can find a dust boot for manual trans?

thanks!
Are you talking about the Ford racing shifter? If so Hurst make them for Ford Racing. I bought a Hurst Billet short throw shifter from MustangsUnlimited.com for 216.95 +shipping. Cheapest place I found it. I just used the stock dust cover.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
If you're talking about the rubber boot under the leather shifter cover then no there is no part number for it. It only comes with the original shifter. I've tried. You might try a bicycle tube.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is the dust bot even needed? still having some trouble looking for it, but i came across these by spectre on summit: Spectre Industries 6283 - Spectre Shifter Boots – SummitRacing.com. It says that this is for floor mounted shifters, i don't know if these can go in place of the dust boot (if i get a correct sized one of course). any ideas?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.