Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
How about the Che stuff?:bigthumbsup
I totally forgot about that stuff.. I gotta dig the link up, and i may do it in a week or so. I gotta take the cash i have/deposit it and pay off my credit card.. I have summer school books on there and put it this way- 1 book was $135 for Chem 2.. :( who would have guessed just for a LAB book..

After i lower my balance on the card to under 100$ or even 0 i may order them.

sweet,now go have some fun :bigthumbsup
Dude these gears are fun as hell, i like the strong pull now! It is perfect =)

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
:bigthumbsup Heck you could get that on Ebay too.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Congrats dude! :bigthumbsup Where does 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear top out compaired to 3.31's?

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
:bigthumbsup Heck you could get that on Ebay too.
ROFL, you and buying crap on ebay.. Stop trying to drain my bank account :shigrin

I think LT headers + H pipe will come before UCA/LCAs.. I want louder sound and a bit more power.. These gears got me back into modding for speed, i was thinking just rims, but after the gears- i want more power.. They are awesome. I wonder what 4.10s would have been like :( lol.. Don't get me wrong, i love my gear choice- and would not have it any other way.

Congrats dude! :bigthumbsup Where does 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear top out compaired to 3.31's?
1st gear tops out at 40mph, 2nd gear is 53mph, 3rd gear is like 85mph. Don't quote me on that, i would have to double check sometime.:D

This is my 2nd real performance mod.. It is quite badass.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Congrats on the new gears! Nothing like extra torque multiplication to put a smile on your face.

WRT the STI race, you should win from a dig if he doesn't know how to launch. From a roll......it will be interesting.

Yeah, you may want to double check those top speeds.
If you're shifting at 6K rpm on stock tires, 1st looks high, and 2nd & 3rd look low.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Gonna tell you a story about Rob and his new gears,
He was a nervous wreck because of all his fears,
Almost sick to his stomache when halfway through the job,
They finished in three hours and then handed the keys to Rob.

Well he worried for nothing 'cause they're as quiet as stock,
He cracked a big wide smile as he drove around the block,
For less than five hundred bucks and with a warranty,
Rob recommends this mod also be done by you and me.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Congrats on the new gears! Nothing like extra torque multiplication to put a smile on your face.

WRT the STI race, you should win from a dig if he doesn't know how to launch. From a roll......it will be interesting.

Yeah, you may want to double check those top speeds.
If you're shifting at 6K rpm on stock tires, 1st looks high, and 2nd & 3rd look low.
Yeah i was going off of what the mustang gear calculator states on my computer, i thought it was dead on, i will have to check it out though.

There's nothing like some quiet gears. Congrats. :bigthumbsup
Yes sir! I am so glad it went well.

You got all that right Gary, I am so glad it went quick and smooth. Yup $470 as my grand total and i am under warranty. It just does not get any better than that. I highly recommend it if you have a great shop locally. :bigthumbsup

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts

You were up all night writing that weren't you Gary? :nogrinner

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
You were up all night writing that weren't you Gary?
Took maybe five minutes. Rob had all the facts in his initial post, and I just fit them into the theme song from The Beverly Hillbillies.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Took maybe five minutes. Rob had all the facts in his initial post, and I just fit them into the theme song from The Beverly Hillbillies.
What else do you do in your spair time besides no drive your mustangs.......:happyhapp

Hemingway would be proud

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
The Che LCA`S and UCA will make you go faster, by getting the power to the ground. Yea.. just tring to help you out.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Chicago would be proud of you GP..:scratchchin

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The Che LCA`S and UCA will make you go faster, by getting the power to the ground. Yea.. just tring to help you out.
I know you are, i appreciate the direction for sure. I was just playing around :gringreen

My mod list i want to do is:

(in this order)

Kooks LT Headers + H Pipe

1pc Aluminum DS w/ Safety Loop

Tokico Adjustable D-Specs

BMR LCA's/ UCA's

FRPP Front/rear sway bars

18x9 Bullitts w/ Nitto NT's

New OEM Headlights

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Woot! YAY ROB! Awesome to hear everything went so well. This forum is killing me... I want to do SO MUCH to my car! AGH! :happyhapp

I might actually at some point be able to get gears installed for free. I'm working at a friend's car garage this summer for some $$$ to replace my ugly stock wheels, and if I put enough hours in my buds down there could install them cheap/for free! :D After that I think I'll be doing suspension, then the power comes later! It would nice to get gears done somewhere in between.

Did Bama/Tillmans/AM have to send you a new tune, or were you able to go into their tune & change the ratio yourself? :scratchchin

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Woot! YAY ROB! Awesome to hear everything went so well. This forum is killing me... I want to do SO MUCH to my car! AGH! :happyhapp

I might actually at some point be able to get gears installed for free. I'm working at a friend's car garage this summer for some $$$ to replace my ugly stock wheels, and if I put enough hours in my buds down there could install them cheap/for free! :D After that I think I'll be doing suspension, then the power comes later! It would nice to get gears done somewhere in between.

Did Bama/Tillmans/AM have to send you a new tune, or were you able to go into their tune & change the ratio yourself? :scratchchin
Yup, i was able to change out the ratio myself on my xcal2 before i hopped on the highway to head home. My tuner(Tillman Speed) is sending me a new tune though, spoke with CR a while back, getting a new tune real soon. I prob would have had it already, but i was busy and did not see/reply to his email for a good 2 days.

Yeah i am beginning to HATE forums in general, it gets me so into my car and i can't justify what i am buying/trying to buy to my dad.. They yell and nag me if i mention anything. Dad will be unhappy with my October 21st, my 21st bday.. I WILL be ordering Kooks LT Headers + Catted H for sure, i do not care- i will get them.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Calculate It

Its a ratio....
331/378 = 0.89
so take any given speed in any given gear and multiply by 0.89 to get the new gear values.

Say if 3rd tops out at 112MPH (the highest one I have topped out) with a my 3.31 gears, with 3.73 gears it will top out at 99.7 MPH

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
so cool man, so figgin' cool.... where's that vid though? lol man this is something I really want to do to my car, and actually had the opportunity to since my whole rear end had to be rebuilt anyway, but my dad didn't let me even ask if they could toss some 3.73s in there while they were at it :so

and as far as your to do list goes, I say you put coilovers at the top and then get adjustable sway bars too... :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
so cool man, so figgin' cool.... where's that vid though? lol man this is something I really want to do to my car, and actually had the opportunity to since my whole rear end had to be rebuilt anyway, but my dad didn't let me even ask if they could toss some 3.73s in there while they were at it :so

and as far as your to do list goes, I say you put coilovers at the top and then get adjustable sway bars too... :bigthumbsup
Lol yeah bro, you should have asked! As for the video, i just realized i never posted up.. I had a clip but i duno where i stashed it on my laptop.. I am looking for my charger for my digital camera and i plan on taking one tonight..:D

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Lol yeah bro, you should have asked! As for the video, i just realized i never posted up.. I had a clip but i duno where i stashed it on my laptop.. I am looking for my charger for my digital camera and i plan on taking one tonight..:D
DO IT!!!!!!! :green

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.