Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to bring up old post but I am unable to find an answer that is complete yet. To start off I just purchased a Used :worship:worship:worship:worship2006 GT Mustang with 38K miles with 5 Speed :worship:worship:worship:worshipThe car has 93 octane tune, C&L Intake, Flowmaster exhaust catback system with H-Pipe from American muscle, eibach lowering kit, and an underdrive pully. These are all the things that I can see but everyday I am learning a little more about the car.

Now to the Big question. The Stang has 20" Foose Nitrous wheels on her and I am questioning the rear end gear ratio. My nav has gps speed readings so I know my top speed was accurate. After opening the car up yesterday it topped out 4th gear at about 115-120 mph...... Without getting under the car what gear ratio would you guys assume I am running. 3.55's seems to be out possibly 3.73's but im thinking 4.10's

Tire size right now(Too Small:smirk) : 255/35/20 rpm 6k

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
assuming the speedo is correct, would have to be 4.10's

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Sorry to bring up old post but I am unable to find an answer that is complete yet. To start off I just purchased a Used :worship:worship:worship:worship2006 GT Mustang with 38K miles with 5 Speed :worship:worship:worship:worshipThe car has 93 octane tune, C&L Intake, Flowmaster exhaust catback system with H-Pipe from American muscle, eibach lowering kit, and an underdrive pully. These are all the things that I can see but everyday I am learning a little more about the car.

Now to the Big question. The Stang has 20" Foose Nitrous wheels on her and I am questioning the rear end gear ratio. My nav has gps speed readings so I know my top speed was accurate. After opening the car up yesterday it topped out 4th gear at about 115-120 mph...... Without getting under the car what gear ratio would you guys assume I am running. 3.55's seems to be out possibly 3.73's but im thinking 4.10's

Tire size right now(Too Small:smirk) : 255/35/20 rpm 6k
Congratulations on the new car! Yeah, with that top speed in 4th it sounds like you have 4.10 gears!

Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan

·
Registered
985 Posts
And don't forget your tire diameter compared to stock tires (if larger or smaller) will affect your effective rear axle ratio....excellent site DaveStang, compared to some I have seen!

·
Registered
95 Posts
IDK you're saying you topped out 4th gear at 115-120 MPH? It sounds like mine with the 3.55 gears. I had 4.10's before and they topped out in 4th long before that. You can get on the gound and look at the diff cover and they usually have a sticker on the cover with the gear ratio. You might even be able to tell if it has even been messed around with. If it looks stock it's probably stock gear ratio.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys.... I went to the site and it looks like with the stock tranny ratios and the tire diameter you guys are right 4.10s.... It is Crazy I got under the car and it has stock 3.55 sticker and everything. The speed was from my GPS at 127 and I was in 5th for a few to get up there and got out of it when my speedo hit what looked like 130

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Off subject concern.

Congratulations on the new car! Yeah, with that top speed in 4th it sounds like you have 4.10 gears!

Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Dan,

I see you are from American Muscle and I have a small concern that I am not sure there is anything we can do about it. During that 127 MPH run I noticed that the hood scoop broke two of the clips that hold the scoop on. Anything I can do?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Be careful bro I know it's fun to ride the lightning but all it takes is one deer to decapitate you.

·
Registered
985 Posts
and don't forget how tire diameter can affect your effective calculated, effective axle ratio...as I believe was mentioned earlier in this post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts