Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mods are listed below... tring to figure out my next step! i was thinking maybe a spydershaft or some kind of springs or shocks... what do you guys this my next mods should be.. have around 600 to spend!

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I'd think about all of the following even though you don't have as much to spend as you might want to right now:

(1) aluminum driveshaft (I'd do that first actually);
(2) full-frame subconnectors;
(3) an axle brace (CHE makes one).

There are plenty of other things you can do too: I'm sure others will share their respective opinions with you.

One simple point though: if you can't put your power to the road and do so safely (e.g., without having a substantial risk of breaking/damaging something or somethings) then what good is having all that power to begin with ?

G

·
on top of what was said above also recommended is gears and suspension cuz hp is no good unless you can keep your car on the road

·
Registered
63 Posts
Spydershaft! You show the upper/lower arms as your next modification. I would do the Spydershaft, then the arms, then gears. I've got Metco arms on mine but the CHE units are good too.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what gears would u all recommed for a centrifigul 5 speed, and also what suspension upgrades would be good? I have the control arms now just going to install them this weekend!

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I'd get those control arms done before you do anything else. And if you plan to lower it, get yourself an adjustable UCA and panhard bar too.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wouldn't 4.10's be to steep of a gear.. at the end of the quarter, at the line i hit rev limiter in 3rd

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd put 4.10's in the car and go through the lights in fourth. That way the supercharger is still pulling. Car should pick up quite a bit with these gears.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.