Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far my mods are listed below... I am still on my stock clutch which has only around 3800 miles on it.. i was thinkin of buying...

1. new clutch- spec 3+ with steel flywheel

2. spydershaft driveshaft

3. qa1 rear shocks and a linelock kit

4. any sugestions

this is not my daily driver, mostly a weekend car/goes to the strip once a week. what do you guys think my next move shpuld be?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Why just replace the rear shocks. If you want adjustables, better to have them on all 4 corners.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Whipple it. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
You might want to think about both the spydershaft AND a CHE axle brace since you said you mostly do weekends AND "strip" the car too. Both the shaft and brace will help protect you from strip-related damages and be relatively inexpensive to add.

In addition, you also might want to consider CHE anti-squat brackets: they'll certainly help at the strip and, again, are inexpensive to buy (Chuck might even make you a "deal" on buying a combo of his stuff since you've already purchased from him before).

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys for your advice. and yes i would love to go whipple but i will stick with the paxton!
Anyone thinking gears would be a nice upgrade? i have the stock 3.55 in there still, i heard to either go 3.73 or 4.10's. what would be the smart move for a manual?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Pro 5.0 have unique gear ratios so you can have the acceleration of low gears but without the high rev at highway speeds.:bigthumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.