Ford Mustang Forum banner

2006 Mustang GT

2583 Views 15 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  cgbexec
Hey Everybody

I m new to Mustangs. I was thinking of getting a new 06 'Stang GT 5sp. Are there any reliability issues w/ them other than the stereo and gas tank problems on the '05? Have they fix those problems for the '06?

Also how would u rate the reliability so far? Any help is appreciated. Tks

Moshiden
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Three weeks, 1700 miles, and zero problems. Added a S&B CAI (no tune), TBS, and AT Flowmasters the first day I had her and no problems. I do have a rattle coming from the right side, I think it's either in the passenger door or the dash. I'll wait until I "have" to go to the dealer unless it drives me bonkers before that. LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT. I come up with excuses to just take the car out for a drive. :drool:
'05 GT, seven months, 6K miles, no troubles, and a blast to drive every day.

Go for it.
G
2 months...3000 miles....not one problem...not one complaint...a whole lotta girls...get it
2006 Mustang Gt 5-speed. 2006's are actually stickered lower that 05's. LOVE it. You cant go wrong with this car!!
15000km and would do it all over again.
IMHO the IUP and the Active Alarm are must have items.
Probably a stupid question, but what is IHMO?
In My Honest Opinion.

It was supposed to be IMHO but I screwed up
peecmkr said:
Probably a stupid question, but what is IHMO?
It usually means 'In My Humble Opinion'

Definitions of IMHO on the Web:

<li>Abbreviation for In My Humble Opinion.
www.netdictionary.com/i.html<li>(In My Humble Opinion) -- A shorthand appended to a comment written in an online forum, IMHO indicates that the writer is aware that they are expressing a debatable view, probably on a subject already under discussion. One of may such shorthands in common use online, especially in discussion forums.
flinflon.brandonu.ca/richards/terms.html<li>Modem shorthand for "In my humble opinion."
www.gremlins.com/garage/terms.html<li>Stands for "In My Humble Opinion" and is used to save time typing a message.
www.rtnda.org/resources/wiredweb/appendixd.html<li>In my humble opinion. Cynical geeks say there is no such thing as a humble opinion!
www.geokem.com/glossary.html<li>In my honest (or humble) opinion
www.webwonderdesign.com/gloss.htm<li>This is an acronym for in my humble opinion and it is used frequently in chatting online
www.ratedhot.com/define/chatdefinitions.php<li>In My Humble (or Holy) Opinion, & IMO, In My Opinion
www.rdwarf.com/users/mink/muckman/terms.html
thump_rrr said:
In My Honest Opinion.

It was supposed to be IMHO but I screwed up
What a jack ass:evillol: J/K...or was I..:?:
GeoStang said:
It usually means 'In My Humble Opinion'

Definitions of IMHO on the Web:

<li>Abbreviation for In My Humble Opinion.
www.netdictionary.com/i.html<li>(In My Humble Opinion) -- A shorthand appended to a comment written in an online forum, IMHO indicates that the writer is aware that they are expressing a debatable view, probably on a subject already under discussion. One of may such shorthands in common use online, especially in discussion forums.
flinflon.brandonu.ca/richards/terms.html<li>Modem shorthand for "In my humble opinion."
www.gremlins.com/garage/terms.html<li>Stands for "In My Humble Opinion" and is used to save time typing a message.
www.rtnda.org/resources/wiredweb/appendixd.html<li>In my humble opinion. Cynical geeks say there is no such thing as a humble opinion!
www.geokem.com/glossary.html<li>In my honest (or humble) opinion
www.webwonderdesign.com/gloss.htm<li>This is an acronym for in my humble opinion and it is used frequently in chatting online
www.ratedhot.com/define/chatdefinitions.php<li>In My Humble (or Holy) Opinion, & IMO, In My Opinion
www.rdwarf.com/users/mink/muckman/terms.html
4 months, 1,000 miles. Zero issues with mine too. My third Mustang that I have owned and by far the best yet!
11,000 Miles,

In My Humble Opinion :rolleyes: BEST CAR FORD HAS EVER BUILT :worship
not 1 prob

4 months, 5000 km (i live in Canada) and not 1 prob.
Now if you put an "A" in the middle it changes everything. IMaHO. :winks
Ashveem said:
What a jack ass:evillol: J/K...or was I..:?:
I have put 5100 miles on an 05 v-6 manual, 7100 miles on an 06 GT coupe manual, and now 1850 miles on an 06 GT vert manual. These mothers are awesome, I have never felt this way about a car before.:drool:

I had hit and miss trouble on the 05's(twice), with the fuel filling, and that is it no other issues.

LOVE this car...:eyebulge:
I owned a 1990 5.0 GT Fox Body. That was a great car. I only had a couple of issues with the car and both were from me beating on the car and running nitrous. I lost 2nd gear twice and the mufflers got crushed after hitting a dead boar on a dark road late at night, going too fast. The car held up suprisingly well for 50000 Miles.

I looked at the new body style after the fox body and did not like it. It was very small inside. My knee hit the dash when I shifted (I am 6' 2" Tall). I had vertually no head room, so I did not buy one.

When I saw the new 2005 model come out, I immediately loved it. Great looks, great performance, quiet (Wind noise), great handleing, great price for what you get. I just got my 2006 Premium Roush Stage One about a month ago and I love it. The only other car for the money that I would have considered was the Corvette. At nearly $20,000.00 more than the Roush, it just wasn't that much more car. I don't like the Corvette $20,000.00 more. In fact if they were the same price, I would have a hard time choosing. I realize the Corvette will outperform a Mustage stock to stock, but I don't plan on leaving my Roush at the stage one level. I plan on adding Suspension next, then brakes and last a supercharger. In the end I will have less invested than a stock Corvette and I will be able to out perform one. If I were you, I would go with the Mustang. It is the most fun performance car you can buy without buying a much more expensive car. Good Luck!

I have owned 4 Fords in my life and all have been reliable, dependable vehicles. They were no less reliable than the Hondas, Acuras and Toyotas that I have owned.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.