Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everybody

I m new to Mustangs. I was thinking of getting a new 06 'Stang GT 5sp. Are there any reliability issues w/ them other than the stereo and gas tank problems on the '05? Have they fix those problems for the '06?

Also how would u rate the reliability so far? Any help is appreciated. Tks

Moshiden

·
Registered
633 Posts
Three weeks, 1700 miles, and zero problems. Added a S&B CAI (no tune), TBS, and AT Flowmasters the first day I had her and no problems. I do have a rattle coming from the right side, I think it's either in the passenger door or the dash. I'll wait until I "have" to go to the dealer unless it drives me bonkers before that. LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT. I come up with excuses to just take the car out for a drive. :drool:

·
Registered
897 Posts
15000km and would do it all over again.
IMHO the IUP and the Active Alarm are must have items.

·
Registered
897 Posts
peecmkr said:
Probably a stupid question, but what is IHMO?
In My Honest Opinion.

It was supposed to be IMHO but I screwed up

·
Registered
336 Posts
thump_rrr said:
In My Honest Opinion.

It was supposed to be IMHO but I screwed up
It usually means 'In My Humble Opinion'

Definitions of IMHO on the Web:

<li>Abbreviation for In My Humble Opinion.
www.netdictionary.com/i.html<li>(In My Humble Opinion) -- A shorthand appended to a comment written in an online forum, IMHO indicates that the writer is aware that they are expressing a debatable view, probably on a subject already under discussion. One of may such shorthands in common use online, especially in discussion forums.
flinflon.brandonu.ca/richards/terms.html<li>Modem shorthand for "In my humble opinion."
www.gremlins.com/garage/terms.html<li>Stands for "In My Humble Opinion" and is used to save time typing a message.
www.rtnda.org/resources/wiredweb/appendixd.html<li>In my humble opinion. Cynical geeks say there is no such thing as a humble opinion!
www.geokem.com/glossary.html<li>In my honest (or humble) opinion
www.webwonderdesign.com/gloss.htm<li>This is an acronym for in my humble opinion and it is used frequently in chatting online
www.ratedhot.com/define/chatdefinitions.php<li>In My Humble (or Holy) Opinion, & IMO, In My Opinion
www.rdwarf.com/users/mink/muckman/terms.html

·
Registered
22 Posts
GeoStang said:
It usually means 'In My Humble Opinion'

Definitions of IMHO on the Web:

<li>Abbreviation for In My Humble Opinion.
www.netdictionary.com/i.html<li>(In My Humble Opinion) -- A shorthand appended to a comment written in an online forum, IMHO indicates that the writer is aware that they are expressing a debatable view, probably on a subject already under discussion. One of may such shorthands in common use online, especially in discussion forums.
flinflon.brandonu.ca/richards/terms.html<li>Modem shorthand for "In my humble opinion."
www.gremlins.com/garage/terms.html<li>Stands for "In My Humble Opinion" and is used to save time typing a message.
www.rtnda.org/resources/wiredweb/appendixd.html<li>In my humble opinion. Cynical geeks say there is no such thing as a humble opinion!
www.geokem.com/glossary.html<li>In my honest (or humble) opinion
www.webwonderdesign.com/gloss.htm<li>This is an acronym for in my humble opinion and it is used frequently in chatting online
www.ratedhot.com/define/chatdefinitions.php<li>In My Humble (or Holy) Opinion, & IMO, In My Opinion
www.rdwarf.com/users/mink/muckman/terms.html
What a jack ass:evillol: J/K...or was I..:?:

·
Registered
16 Posts
4 months, 1,000 miles. Zero issues with mine too. My third Mustang that I have owned and by far the best yet!

·
Registered
26 Posts
11,000 Miles,

In My Humble Opinion :rolleyes: BEST CAR FORD HAS EVER BUILT :worship

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ashveem said:
What a jack ass:evillol: J/K...or was I..:?:
Now if you put an "A" in the middle it changes everything. IMaHO. :winks

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have put 5100 miles on an 05 v-6 manual, 7100 miles on an 06 GT coupe manual, and now 1850 miles on an 06 GT vert manual. These mothers are awesome, I have never felt this way about a car before.:drool:

I had hit and miss trouble on the 05's(twice), with the fuel filling, and that is it no other issues.

LOVE this car...:eyebulge:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I owned a 1990 5.0 GT Fox Body. That was a great car. I only had a couple of issues with the car and both were from me beating on the car and running nitrous. I lost 2nd gear twice and the mufflers got crushed after hitting a dead boar on a dark road late at night, going too fast. The car held up suprisingly well for 50000 Miles.

I looked at the new body style after the fox body and did not like it. It was very small inside. My knee hit the dash when I shifted (I am 6' 2" Tall). I had vertually no head room, so I did not buy one.

When I saw the new 2005 model come out, I immediately loved it. Great looks, great performance, quiet (Wind noise), great handleing, great price for what you get. I just got my 2006 Premium Roush Stage One about a month ago and I love it. The only other car for the money that I would have considered was the Corvette. At nearly $20,000.00 more than the Roush, it just wasn't that much more car. I don't like the Corvette $20,000.00 more. In fact if they were the same price, I would have a hard time choosing. I realize the Corvette will outperform a Mustage stock to stock, but I don't plan on leaving my Roush at the stage one level. I plan on adding Suspension next, then brakes and last a supercharger. In the end I will have less invested than a stock Corvette and I will be able to out perform one. If I were you, I would go with the Mustang. It is the most fun performance car you can buy without buying a much more expensive car. Good Luck!

I have owned 4 Fords in my life and all have been reliable, dependable vehicles. They were no less reliable than the Hondas, Acuras and Toyotas that I have owned.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts