Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any idea how change the headlight assemblies on a 2006 mustang GT? I have recently bought a pair of aftermarket ones. But I have no idea how to install them at all. They appear to be a little more difficult than my 2000 GT was.

Thank you.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
Welcome to the forums! let me go have a look

: stand by :

ok, looks liek the bolt on top, obvuiously, then crawl under the bottom below the beam light is another bolt, and there may be one more on the fender side.

the main light screws 90º and out

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, thank you. I have tried to loosen all bolts before. But it seems to be connected to the bumper. And I was told once that I have to remove the whole bumper. I sure hope that isnt true. Haha.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I have unscrewed all three bolts, and its loose. I feel like I'm really close, but the assembly still doesn't want to come out. I've tried everything. I feel so dissapointed. :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont understand why this has to be so difficult... How do all these people put these aftermarket light assemblies in???

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
hmmm keepo us posted, i never took one out lol.

look at install instructions and go backwards

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
wow.. thats almost as bad as running grounds in to the bellhouseing

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you... That is terrible, Im too afraid im gonna brake something. And even when I tried, I cant get to any of those bolts to remove the bumper. This is alot harder than my 2000 GT... So far every install is harder, and gets more difficult over the years. Its sad that it couldn't have been made more easier than that. I would have never bought these lights if i had known I had to take the whole bumper off. Im bummed now. Anyone wanna buy some brand new lights? Good luck getting em' on though. :gringreen

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Thank you... That is terrible, Im too afraid im gonna brake something. And even when I tried, I cant get to any of those bolts to remove the bumper. This is alot harder than my 2000 GT... So far every install is harder, and gets more difficult over the years. Its sad that it couldn't have been made more easier than that. I would have never bought these lights if i had known I had to take the whole bumper off. Im bummed now. Anyone wanna buy some brand new lights? Good luck getting em' on though. :gringreen
It really isn't hard. just a couple of bolts and clips. You won't break anything.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I seem to be becoming an expert on bumper removal lately.. It is about as easy as can be.

1) Jack up the vehicle and place jack stands (this isn't 100% necessary but makes it easier)
2) Take off the front wheels
3) Remove the inner fender wells (just the front part), by unscrewing the plastic clips a quarter turn and then popping the fasteners out. There might be a couple screws holding the edge of the bumper to the well too.
4) Unscrew the 2 10mm bolts at the top of the bumper to the left and right of the grill.
5) Remove the radiator cover by popping the inner part of the 6 fasteners up and them removing them.
6) In the fender wells there are 2 10mm nuts on each side of the car, toward the top of the bumper just inside the fenders. Remove these.
7) Pull down on each corner and the corners should come loose.
8) Disconnect the parking and turn signal lights
9) Lift the bumper a little and unhook the 2 upper mounts that you unscrewed in step 4
10) If you have a GT, unhook the 2 fog lights
11) remove bumper.

The headlight tucks under the fender lip a little so you have to unbolt all 3 bolts and move it down and away from the fender.

It is really very easy, it took me a total of 15 minutes last night to remove the bumper and a headlight.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you! :gringreen These halos are really bright too! They are almost as bright as my silverstars!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.