Ford Mustang Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Haha I know what you mean:) to be honest I really do like the sound of the v6 in my car... Call me crazy. In my eyes the v6 and the Gt are different. I don't really compare them. I like the high pitched tuner sound it makes (well compared to a Gt). I love the Gt but I am only 16 and insurance is a lot more for me. Plus I put a lot of work into it and I can't sell it because I'm just too attached to it. All I really want to do is to improve the driving experience. So if a tune and Cai can help then ill just go with that route. It's just my friend has a supercharged svt focus and the whine is awesome :gringreen

CAI w/Tuner, Exhaust, LCA, Gears

What most V6 owners do: A "larger then stock" cold air intake & maf housing w/SCT Tuner Combo. Tunable Induction's are USA quality & value @ $189 CAI (black), $529 SCTuner Combo. Then, free up the exhaust with a GT or GT500 take off muffler or replace single exhaust to duals, replace rear lower control arms/bushings to eliminate wheel hoop and put traction to the ground, then rear gears to make her quicker. Check our Dyno section on website & facebook customer pics & comments. Free shipping @ USA. :winks

Tunable Induction LLC The Original Mustang Cold Air Intake System is Now Partnered with Unique Tuning LLC The Carolinas #1 Source for Mustang And Dodge Performance Parts, Service And Dynojet Tuning Using Diablosport And SCT Tuning Software

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Does the Tunable Inductions intake have more power gains over the ford racing or jlt?

Does the Tunable Inductions intake have more power gains over the ford racing or jlt?
Any cold air intake "larger" then stock requiring an SCT tuner will produce similar gains. Of the 3, FRPP has the lowest rwhp gains, Tunable Induction & JLT are similar. Differences are in the size of intake pipe/maf meter, materials used for cool, straight, smooth flowing air, & most importantly aggressiveness of tunes. TI CAI are popular due to their sleekness, air flow, SCT 93 octane performance tune, & if painted to match car we're the only ones that paint complete CAI including filter heat shield. Check out our Dyno Chart on website w/Bama Tunes testimonial and our facebook for customer testimonials & install pics.

Tunable Induction LLC The Original Mustang True Cold Air Intake System . Now Partnered with Unique Tuning LLC The Carolinas #1 Source for Mustang & Dodge Performance Parts, Service And Dynojet Tuning Using Diablosport And SCT Tuning Software

Karma, I have virtually the EXACT set up that Ken from Tunable Induction is talking about.

His CAI, with a 93 race tune, lower control arms, and a GT Takeoff muffler, were the first things I did. the control arms were 100 bucks, the muffler was 70, shipped. The whole car feels INCREDIBLY different and so so much better. The xcharger is amazing, and you'll always hear the guys that have them be positive about it, but if you're just looking for some extra pep out of it, the CAI and tune will do it. You wont feel like you're driving the same car. And it's not a lot of cash.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
I think I might go down that route. It's just if I do get a X-charger, my Cai will be useless and the X-charger already has its own tuner. So I'm just trying to sort things out. Plus I already have a dual exhaust set up :)

If you get a tuner and CAI now you can buy the Xcharger without the tuner and get a tune to upload to your SCT.

And is it worth it? Every time I get on the gas to merge into traffic yes! With the hood open it attracts attention because it is unique and not "just another modded Mustang".

At the track - can't beat the sound of the Xcharger making a pass and surprising the Camaro and Firebirds with mid 12's.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Yeah I love the looks of it... If were to get it I would install it myself. It's just convincing my parents to let me spend all that money for it. They offered for me to sell it in the future and let me use that money and some that I have saved up to buy a Supra... (Second favorite car). But I'm just not interested in selling it. I just love Mustangs more :gringreen

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.