Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a 2006 Mustang GT and would like to upgrade some various air and exhaust parts. Becasue the 2006 is so new, it has proven difficult to find specific parts for this year's model. DO you think that the 2005 cool air filter and exhaust systems would be interchangeable. Specifically, I would like to change out the headers, upgrade the exhaust, and put ina cool air filter. Thanks for your advice.

G

·
Congratulations on your new Mustang! Gotta be nice :)

Yes, 2005 Mustang performance parts will fit your 2006 Mustang. If you just to be sure, you can always check with the manufacturer before purchasing any aftermarket part.

·
Registered
263 Posts
ScottHalliday said:
Congratulations on your new Mustang! Gotta be nice :)

Yes, 2005 Mustang performance parts will fit your 2006 Mustang. If you just to be sure, you can always check with the manufacturer before purchasing any aftermarket part.
Absolutely! The engine and drive train are the same... as well as the electronics. Only minor body / wheel changes. Any 05 part will fit an 06. Plenty of vendors will be changing the descriptions soon enough to include the 06 model.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
What they said... :smoke:

Just look around here in S197 (which is the new Stang, 05-06, and fwd...)

Just search CAI, headers, x-pipe, axle-backs, etc. on here and you'll have a 'few' hours of reading... :winks

In short you wanna get a tuner and a CAI. If you're hardcore you'd go with longtube headers, no cats and an X... that is the only exhaust that will render some power... the S197 have an awesome stock system... There is better places to put the money if you're looking for power (as oposite to looks and sound...)

·
Registered
3 Posts
The 06's have mudflaps!

I was under mine this weekend, and it looks like they added some 1 ince rubber "mudflaps" to the underbody to protect the gas tank. weird:eyebulge:

·
Registered
324 Posts
I saw those same flaps on a 06 Pony that the local dealer had up on a ramp. I assumed that all S197 Mustangs had that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts