Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My right blinker was blinking REALLY fast. Autozone told me that could be an indicator that the bulb is starting to go out. So I went ahead a replaced the front and rear indicator bulbs. The problem was fixed for about a month when my blinker started going crazy again. I didnt think it was possible for the bulb to go out again that quickly. A friend told me it could be the flasher. I dont mind replacing it to troubleshoot the problem since I know they dont cost much but does that sound right that the flasher could be the solution?? HELP!

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
did you use sylvania`s? i prefer those. even then, bulbs are not great. did you replace both the outside on the rear? a bulb eliment can fuse itself back together sometimes making you think its a good bulb when its not but it will fail in time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not again!

so Ive replaced ALL bulbs. and my right blinker is still going nuts. Is this a flasher issue? Ive googled how to replace the flasher if need be but HONESTLY is replacing a flasher as easy as it sounds? Is this a task a "rookie" would be able to handle? I so dont want to pay a shop to do such a menial task but at the same time I dont want to screw something up.:headscratch:

·
Registered
16 Posts
replaceing the flasher is really easy on most cars it can be done in under 10 seconds. a "rookie" could easily do it. while i havent checked the location of the flasher on the s197 mustangs i will double check today and edit this post with a tut for completeness.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
There is no "mechanical" flasher in the s197's it is computer controlled, I take it you don't have sequentials? That would be a problem with that controller.
You may have a lousy connection to that bulb holder. Is it an OEM bulb you have changed it with?

·
Registered
44 Posts
The flasher is inside the instument cluster, not like other cars that have it seperate. When your blinker is on, do all the blubs light up? You shouldn't have to replace all the bulbs, just the one that isn't working. Check the connections to each bulb for loose wires.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
The flasher is inside the instument cluster, not like other cars that have it seperate. When your blinker is on, do all the blubs light up? You shouldn't have to replace all the bulbs, just the one that isn't working. Check the connections to each bulb for loose wires.
It is controlled by the SJB (smart junction box).

Ford Service Manuals - Wiring Diagrams

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
usuLLY a super fast blinker means a light out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.