Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody!

I couldn't believe what I found under my hood the other day, a darn burnt spot on my hood liner!! I was smelling a bit of burning under the hood when I really dog it, so I investigated...

What in the world is up with this! I was so angry that I was about to take the whole thing off, but I read that the paint might suffer really bad...Has anybody else had this problem??

So irritated I had to take pics... lol

Attachments

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
What is directly under it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my hot, hot engine? this better not be a trick question... lol

·
Registered
786 Posts
That doesn't quite look like a burn to me, I could be wrong, but those hood liners are made to withstand EXTREME heat, and you could probably take a blow torch to em for a while before they would even cinder. there doesn't appear to be any soot in surrounding areas, and/or in the hole. Could something have been left on the intake manifold last time the hood was closed? A cap of some kind? Maybe the cap to the oil bottle? Looks about the smae size? Possibly a rub hole, and the burn smell is the cap now on your exhaust system or something. I would investigat further, b/c something just ait right here, but again, my money is on that not being a burn mark, but a rub of some kind.
Sorry bud, stuff like this sucks, but you'll get er figured out.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
No it isn't a trick question. :D I am not familiar with the V6's. Just wondered if anything was touching it. billthecougnut is right, those are made of fiberglass, pretty tough to burn.
On that note, I had a mouse make a nest in mine :so I couldn't figure out what the hole was from until I removed it.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i dont think thats a burn spot. it looks more like the liner is a little saggy, and on top of the intake is a bracket for the wire loom right on the top in that spot. i have a real small spot in the same place from that

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
i dont think thats a burn spot. it looks more like the liner is a little saggy, and on top of the intake is a bracket for the wire loom right on the top in that spot. i have a real small spot in the same place from that
+1

youve been beating me around the forums lately :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
not a burn

At the back of the intake there's a plastic wire loom for the wires going to the passenger side, that is what is rubbing the hood mat, mine did the same thing, Ford replaced under the warranty, the new mat was for the newer stangs not the 05's like mine, it had some xtra holes that my hood couldn't acommodate, take the wires out of the clip and drop them behind the intake and it won't rub, depending the yr of ur car it maybe still under warranty, don't let them tell you it's because you have a CAI if you do, has nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone!

It sure doesn't look like a burn. I'm gonna move that clip so it doesn't get any worse. It is just a bit saggy now that I took a closer look.

-LB

·
Registered
766 Posts
Actually, mine does have two burn spots. They are from the little round pieces at the top of the intake manifold.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
Actually, mine does have two burn spots. They are from the little round pieces at the top of the intake manifold.

+1 not the wire holder...but a hair lower.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
ill bet its a friction rub more the anything, my 88 has the same thing in a few spots

·
Registered
514 Posts
yup my car has it too...well both of them did..i just took the liner off, got too lazy to put it back on haha

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.