Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to decide whether to get a dual exhaust or stick to single, for my 06 v6 mustang with pony package! i had the car for over a year already and i think its time to start the modifications, i think i want to stick to single because i dont have a big budget for this, all i want, is to hear the more muscle car tone, not too loud not too soft pls help me decide! thank you guys!

·
Registered
343 Posts
well i'd say go with single. i've had my car for almost a year now and have about 3 more years to go on the loan. once i pay it off i am superchargering it. single exaust will give it a sleep look and no one will know whats under the hood. i was thinking duals at first, but none of the duals for 05+ V6 really excited me all that much. plus i really want to keep that sleeper look. its really up to you though; what you plan to do with the car, your style, your budget, sound, etc... just look around and see whats out there. i will tell you that going with magnaflows (either single or dual) probably isnt your smartest choice. there drone really bad around 2500RPM, and the hangers tend to break quite frequently. but take your time, make sure you consider all your options and plan ahead. good luck!

·
Registered
343 Posts
ahhh yea! JBA. couldnt think of them for some reason... check them out. they're pretty nice overall (sound quality vs. price) pypes is good althought they're PROBABLY gonna be a bit more expensive... dont quote me though... but like i said, take your time and get what's right for you... and your car of course! ;)

·
Registered
917 Posts
I went dual and will never go back. IMO it looks much better and god bless the sound of hearing it from both sides. I went with the Flowmaster American Thunders. God I love them.

Sorry everyone I just really enjoy the sound that much.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
do a turn down. How cool would that be. Get the cervini's bumper and then do a turn down exhaust. I dont think that has been done yet either.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I went dual and will never go back. IMO it looks much better and god bless the sound of hearing it from both sides. I went with the Flowmaster American Thunders. God I love them.

Sorry everyone I just really enjoy the sound that much.:bigthumbsup
yeaif it wasnt for the sleeper look i was going for... i would DEFINATLY dual it out.:hihi:

·
Registered
44 Posts
+1 for dual unless you want the sleeper, I like them to know what I got so when I beat them I can give that "why would you try something like that" look

·
Registered
917 Posts
+1 for dual unless you want the sleeper, I like them to know what I got so when I beat them I can give that "why would you try something like that" look
Exactly...Im not saying put GT bumpers all around and badge it as a GT but at least give em an idea that they shouldnt try at all. They will be punished.:nono:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I like the dual personally. What I don't like is when the tips stick out from under the bumper. Spring for that GT bumper or maybe have a body shop cut a hole for the tips.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
im trying to decide whether to get a dual exhaust or stick to single, for my 06 v6 mustang with pony package! i had the car for over a year already and i think its time to start the modifications, i think i want to stick to single because i dont have a big budget for this, all i want, is to hear the more muscle car tone, not too loud not too soft pls help me decide! thank you guys!
If you are talking about performance, not enough gain in proportion to the investment in an actual dual (not a y-to-y phony) setup.

If it's aesthetics you'r dealing in, duals are symmetrical (just like us, mostly) in visual and audible aspects.

My single, cheap, GT takeoff muffler was easy to put on and so rewarding in the way it changed the Mustng experience for me. Within a week or two I expect the IRS to embellish my bank account to the point I can afford the FRPP dual kit. I'm looking forward to the day I can enjoy symmetrical exhaust. Even if I can't hear the difference, just knowing it is back there will be worth the price of admission. I hope.

I think I may form a rock group. Symmetrical Exhaust and The Illusory Improvements. How does that sound to you?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I like the dual personally. What I don't like is when the tips stick out from under the bumper. Spring for that GT bumper or maybe have a body shop cut a hole for the tips.
My daughter just sold her BMW 740. It had plenty of power and made essentially no exhaust noise. Single outlet muffler under the back end, no visible tip. I'd go a thousand dollars for something like that. Well, maybe a dollar ninety-seven.

What did she get instead? BMW 335xi? Summat like that. 350 HP, says here.

She also has a late-nineties M3 for sale. All the good stuff, class winner in autocross.

I never even sat in any of the beemers. Some kind of an aura of "smug" and "pretentious" about them, eh?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Band Name

I Think That Band Name Sounds Kinda Cool, I'd Go For That If I Had A Band Like The Good Old Days! Thanks For The Tips

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.