Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i use a Xcal 3 for my car an ive messed around with some of the spark settings, i know when i turn it too high the car pings so i would turn it down but i noticed about a week ago even when setting my car all the way back to stock it still pings when first takeing off hard for about 3 seconds an in almost every other gear right after shifting ive tried to boost octane used 93 an all but i cant seem to get rid of it. any suggs.?

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Octane booster is one of the worst things you can use. I'd recommend you pull your plugs and inspect for fouling and clean if needed. Then run a can of Seafoam in the gas and see how she runs. Would not recommend messing with spark or fuel unless you're experienced with street tuning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you think i messed anything up or no? an its called seafoam?

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
do you think i messed anything up or no? an its called seafoam?
Since you had detonation, you should inspect the plugs for cracked/damaged insulators. Replace any damaged plugs. Seafoam is in a metal can with the gas treatments. You can find it at Autozone or Pepboys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the plugs are bosh +2 only 1 month old. after seafoaming an setting car back to stock, it seems the pinging is getting worse clatering even louder when taking off hard :\

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
the plugs are bosh +2 only 1 month old. after seafoaming an setting car back to stock, it seems the pinging is getting worse clatering even louder when taking off hard :\
Pull the plugs and look at them. If the detonation was bad enough they may be damaged.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.