Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bout done with it completely. this better be the last thread about it. its about as mad as i have ever been about my car. took the rear brakes in to oreillys to have em turned. get em back, slap them on. put on my hawk ceramic brake pads...everything is hooked up just like normal. pull out of the drive....screeeeeech! WTF seriously!? now its only my right rear...but it is so horrible. decided to drive it for a bit...see if it wears off. nope gets worse. whats wrong? someone please inform me :mad::frustrated::help:

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
It sounds like you glased that brake pad. you could try some fine emery paper on the pads and I would use a rough scotch pad on a drill or small grinder on both sides of the rotors.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill probably just go buy new ones tomorrow. i really do hate brakes...its the worst to work on

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
did you remove, clean and grease the guide pins? i also grease the ends of the pads that hit the sheet metal clips, and grease where the piston hits the pad, and where the other pad hits the caliper. if you didnt get special grease with the pads, make sure its a hi-temp grease

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i did... greased everything you could possibly grease. i think its just the ceramic pads. some cars they work wonders...some cars they dont work at all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.