Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are some of my before and after pics so far of my 2006 4.0 windveil blue mustang. Tell me what you think. Ive done everything myself. I first put on racing stripes and rocker stripes, I moved the rocker stripes up, I just liked the look of it better and it was different than most that I see out on the road, the next thing I did was the chin spoiler. I took off the side skirts and preped primed and painted them along with the chin spoiler. I then changed out the stock grille with the fog light grille. The grille actually came from a gt which I knew wouldn't fit perfect but I got it so cheep I made a custom fit for it. You wouldn't believe how cheap I got it. I found it on craigslist and bought it for $10!!!!! the fog lamps are from advance auto they fit the size so I got the pair of them for $37 it came with wiring kit and everything. then I got the hood scoop. I mounted and even painted the hood scoop. I still have side scoops and window scoops I just haven't painted them yet. After that Im going to start on engine upgrades. Its been so much fun doing this. I know alot of you out there might scold me for not having everything proffessionally done, but to me having a mustang is really about putting your own touch on it and being as hands on as possible so be easy on the criticism :angel: Also if anyone has suggestions on what kind of wheels, brand, size, lowering etc... let me know. Im thinkin about the cs69 shelby wheels... its just gonna take a while to save the money. anyways thanks for checkin it out

Attachments

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, and yes it is a v6 bumper, the gt grille won't fit the v6 bumper so I came up with a mounting solution. on the part where the grill and bumper side clamps meet I drilled a hole through the grille and bumper and then attached them with a bolt and nut to mount it in place.

· Registered
487 Posts
It looks great ! About the chin spoiler and side skirt--you mean the lower rocker panel-black plastic piece ? Did you paint that and the spoiler to match ? And how hard was it to mount the spoiler. I'd like to add a black chin spoiler to my perf. white v6.

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Thats the first chin spoiler in that style I have seen other then the ad photo. It looks really nice, its about the closest to the CDC GT classic as you can come. I like it. The window louvers and side scoops will really finish the touch. Check out my gallery for pics of my wheels, I think they would look nice in chrome on your ride. They are the FR500 style.:bigthumbsup

· Registered
163 Posts
Ive never seen a rocker stripe that high, but it actually looks really good! Definitely one of a kind and original.:bigthumbsup

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It looks great ! About the chin spoiler and side skirt--you mean the lower rocker panel-black plastic piece ? Did you paint that and the spoiler to match ? And how hard was it to mount the spoiler. I'd like to add a black chin spoiler to my perf. white v6.
first thanks for the comments! ya the rocker panel and chin spoiler i painted them both to match... also the chin spoiler was easy to mount you just have to have some extra hands to make sure both sides and middle are even. then its just simply taking a sharpe and marking through the pre drilled holes and then drilling through your bumper. I actually put together a litte diy picture of my installation that i was going to put on american muscle to try and get the $100 off they talk about :bigthumbsuplet me know if you want me to post them on this thread and I will.

· Registered
490 Posts
i would like to see how you did the fog lights. i was thinking about doing the same thing but wasnt sure how to approach it.

· Registered
154 Posts
Good work so far in making it your own.

What brand hood scoop is that?

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i would like to see how you did the fog lights. i was thinking about doing the same thing but wasnt sure how to approach it.

Ya the whole fog light deal saved me a ton of money so I can put it towards other things. the fog lights I got don't have the mounting tabs to screw into the holes that hold the fog lamps in. I took a strip of about 7" long 1" wide plastic strip I had in my garage. I centered it over the back of the fog lamps and screwed it into the mounting holes. then for extra hold and protection I sealed it with liquid nails around the backside edge of the fog lamp. It works great I have taken it up over 100mph to make sure it would hold... it didn't even budge...I do have plans to get the proper foglamps and changine the bumper to a gt appearance bumper, but for now this will do. Im always looking for cheaper ways to do things, however I also want to make sure it does look professional, I would not leave it like that if it looked bad or cheaply done. I just couldn't pass up that deal I got on the grille. it would have cost me almost $300 but ended up only spending $47. Can't beat that :happyhapp

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
heres the picks of the install of the chin spoiler

Attachments

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
these were supposed to go before the other pics

Attachments

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great DIY upgrade. Love the banner across the middle of the doors.
The pic's help a lot. Have you had any experience painting before? If not, how bad was it?

thanks for the comments, no i have not had any auto paint experience... It wasn't bad at all. I think patience is the key... I think where people mess up is they don't have the patience to do it properly. There is so much good info out there on the proper way to diy paint. to me the hardest part is finding a way to diy color match. the hood scoop I painted myself as well its a touch off in shade but in the sun it looks identical... I think it just needs some time to age. I ordered my hood scoop paint from automotive touch up. I just think I have the mentality that if another human being can paint so can I. taking all the tips from the pros helped alot. The thing with pro painters is you just cant teach experience. also the worst that could happen is you have to sand away what you painted... :bigthumbsup

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.