Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone else happens to have this issue, but when I stop to get gas, I reset the trip meter so that I can watch my mileage.

I drive to wherever my destination may be 5, 10, 15 miles. I turn the car off and it doesn't matter how long I let it sit, a few seconds or hours, when I turn it back on it resets itself.

Sometimes it will do it twice, but never more than that. I'm not sure if anyone else's car does it, or if it does it when I have the odometer on but at this point I'm not sure my mileage is even correct.

Any ideas for solutions? or why it would do this?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Sometimes it will do it twice, but never more than that. I'm not sure if anyone else's car does it, or if it does it when I have the odometer on but at this point I'm not sure my mileage is even correct.

Any ideas for solutions? or why it would do this?
Have not heard of this yet, but if you find out how I can get my car to do that ...let me know! Lol...the only person I have run into that wants their miles! :nogrinner

·
Registered
273 Posts
The one on my '06 GT does it, but just once in a while. It seems to happen if I fill up, reset the trip and park back at home with just a couple of miles on it. Like I said, just once in a while.

F

·
0 Posts
I don't know if anyone else happens to have this issue, but when I stop to get gas, I reset the trip meter so that I can watch my mileage.
I drive to wherever my destination may be 5, 10, 15 miles. I turn the car off and it doesn't matter how long I let it sit, a few seconds or hours, when I turn it back on it resets itself.
The one on my '06 GT does it, but just once in a while. It seems to happen if I fill up, reset the trip and park back at home with just a couple of miles on it. Like I said, just once in a while.
Hello guys,

Have you brought this up to your Ford dealer’s attention? If not, please make an appointment with them as soon as possible. Your Service Manager is in the best position to look into this for you. He can also look into any warranty, Recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me. Have a happy New Year!

Deysha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts