Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I and I am sure 1000's of other people have purchased a Ford vehicle in 2006. A 2006 Model Year Ford or Mercury vehicle sold on or after July 14, 2006 will be covered by a complementary 5 years / 60,000 miles Ford ESP PowertrainCARE Extended Service Contract with a $100 deductible.

I purchased my 2006 Mustang GT on June 26, 2006 and also opted for an extended 1 yr warrenty more than the 3yr that cost $995 and I was very PISSED to say the least that the warrenty changed to 5 years / 60,000 miles on July 14th!

Everyone that has a 2006 and got screwed on the warranty change should contact Ford's Customer Relations Office to express their concerns. Maybe if enough people call they will change the policy and make all 2006 Fords have the same warranty coverage.

Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
P.O.Box 6248
Dearborn, Michigan 48126
1-800-392-3673(FORD)
TDD for the hearing impaired:1-800-232-5952
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM local time

Thanks all!

Jim :mad:

2006 GT Auto
Premium all options
Satin Silver/Black Leather
BBK CAI, Tokico D-Spec, Eibach Sportline Spring Set, Ingalls Adjustable Rear Control Arms & Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Axelback, Diablo Predator Performance Tune

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was surprised to see that as well. I actually purchased a F-150 that would be covered with the new longer warranty period. However, I did not know this when I purchased an extended warranty with Ford. At least the warranty I purchased extends beyond the 5 year mark. I purchased the 10 year, 100K mile warranty so my truck will be covered bumper to bumper until 2016.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Just another way for Ford to move out the cars. They should go by the year and not by the Month. That is crazy.

·
Registered
636 Posts
That's BS!! I'm calling right now. I'll let you guys know what happens???

·
Registered
87 Posts
i bought my 06 during the july 4th weekend. this really sux. They should go by the year and this is clrealy not fair. When you call that number, all you get is a damn robot talking to you. I want to talk to a realy freaking person. Seems like ford laid off all their phone reps.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Ok, I just got off the phone with Ford (you have to wait for a "real" person) and it doesn't look good for us that got our cars "early". He did say if enough customers complain, they could look at the policy?? So, who knows, I just want everyone on the forum to call and complain. Thanks!!

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Class Action Law Suit !!! We must have a lawyer on here....??

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I tihnk MrVandermay is a lawyer!

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
As it happens to be, I am indeed a lawyer.....although I a may have a conflict of interest...for I bought a 2006 Ford vehicle and did not get the extended warranty.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
How is that a conflict of interest? All that does is put you in the same class as the plaintiffs. What am I missing here?

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I believe the 5/60 is for 2007 models only, not 2006 models.
The way I understand it is the 3/36 is bumper to bumper and 5/60 is power train only, not bumper to bumper, The 2006 models that sold in June and July received the $1000.00 gas deal end of model discount incentative, and I am sure some how that the cost of the 5/60 is built somewhere in to the pricing of the 2007 models.

·
Registered
496 Posts
MakeMyStang said:
I believe the 5/60 is for 2007 models only, not 2006 models.
The way I understand it is the 3/36 is bumper to bumper and 5/60 is power train only, not bumper to bumper, The 2006 models that sold in June and July received the $1000.00 gas deal end of model discount incentative, and I am sure some how that the cost of the 5/60 is built somewhere in to the pricing of the 2007 models.
So I guess that means no one should be dumb like me and buy in January....$#@$%$$:mad:

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Here is a number you can contact a real person, it is the customer relationship center, I have spoken to them before.
800-392-3673

·
Registered
97 Posts
Posted this on another thread somewhere, but here's the exchange I've already had with my Ford dealership:

Dear Mr. *****:

Thank you for sharing your concern with us. Ford's warranty extension program is being offered as an incentive to prospective new vehicle owners. Unfortunately, all changes such as this must come with some terms and/or agreements, a beginning program date being one of them. While the dealership cannot change Ford's policy, I did forward your letter to the appropriate folks so that Ford Motor Company will be aware of how their customers are feeling.

Thank you for being an Orville Beckford customer and again, thanks for sharing your concern, any other questions or concerns in the future please don't hesitate to contact me. We look forward to your future visits.

Lisa Provenzano, CRR

++++++++

Dear Ms. Provenzano,

I recently received your letter in the mail concerning my recent purchase at Orville-Beckford Ford/Mercury and my satisfaction with the car-buying experience. As stated in your letter, you wished for me to contact you if I were unable to answer anything less than “Completely Satisfied” in any portion of the survey. That is not the case here, but I do have a concern I would like to voice. However, I would first like to assure you that I completed the survey, and gave Orville-Beckford the highest marks across the board, and I recognize that my complaint is not an Orville-Beckford issue. I do want to address it though, and you seem the best place to start. I also hope it does not fall on deaf ears simply because my survey is complete and submitted already.

So, my issue is this: Ford just announced a new standard warranty program, as I’m sure you are aware. According to the press release from their website, the new warranty program will be extended not just to 2007 models, but also 2006 models sold after a certain date. I contacted the dealership today about that, because my car is, as you know, recently purchased. Unfortunately for me, it was purchased a few weeks before that arbitrary cut-off date. Therefore, I paid an extra $1,000+ for an extended warranty that others will get for free. While I am happy for them, it doesn’t help me any.

Now, you may question my use of the term “arbitrary” with regard to the date set by Ford after which all new 2006 sales will include the new warranty, and to that I respond as follows: That date was with regard only to date of sale, not date of manufacture, order, serialization or anything else of the sort. What it means is that there are cars on your lot that have probably been there as long or longer than mine and were built earlier, yet because I happened to choose a certain color over another, my car will not have the warranty while another customer will get it because he put off his purchase a few more weeks. Same car, same price, quite possibly even the same manufacture date, but one includes an extra warranty, and one doesn’t – arbitrarily.

As I said from the beginning, I recognize that this is a Ford Motor Company issue, so I hold no ire toward Orville-Beckford over it, but it’s still a sort of (for lack of a better term) crummy thing to do. I mention it today because it would be nice to see Ford do something to reward its loyal customers, and instead this comes across almost as a slap in the face. My last four vehicles have been Fords, as is my newest and they are great cars, but the price of an extended warranty plan is not pocket change to working class Americans.

Sincerely,

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
I wish I could find it but the article said that it does indeed include 2006 models "still on dealers lots" what kind of BS is that???

·
Registered
97 Posts
You can find the article right on Ford's website. The way it works is that the news came out from Ford on the 14th of July (officially), so from that day forward they are giving it to all new sales. No matter build date, lot number, etc. Only depends on when they made the press announcement, July 14, 2006

·
Registered
538 Posts
helicfii said:
How is that a conflict of interest? All that does is put you in the same class as the plaintiffs. What am I missing here?
He has bias towards the overall suit being that he purchased a Ford.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
HazMatLadder26 said:
He has bias towards the overall suit being that he purchased a Ford.
Were the conflict of interest may arise, not only would I be the attorney, I would also be a client. As stated in this quote, I too have recently purhcased a 2006 Ford product, so a jury could be blinded by my biases. I would no longer be a simple zealous advocate, but I would also be a vested client. Juries are funny that way. The legal systems looks down upon lawyers collecting a fee and reciving compensation as a victim in a civil lawsuit...go figure.

Additionally, I am currently a military lawyer. So a civil suit or a class action suit is outside my jurisdiction. Not that I can not do such a suit, but such a class action suit would be diffficult to do for a solo attorney.

Finally, although I am upset that Ford did not include all 2006 models in their latest promotion, I am not sure they have a legal duty to provide the waranty retrocactively to all '06 models. For customer relations they most certainly should have, but legally, I am not so sure. Anyways, this type of case is outside my current practice area.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Tedz Pony said:
You can find the article right on Ford's website. The way it works is that the news came out from Ford on the 14th of July (officially), so from that day forward they are giving it to all new sales. No matter build date, lot number, etc. Only depends on when they made the press announcement, July 14, 2006
Hopefully FMC can retro it back to my 2005.

The 2007 Vehicles (at least the Stangs) began production on June 5th 2006. I believe the last 2006 stang was produced 6/2/06. The new 2007's would have taken an average of 7 to but more like 14 days to hit the dealerships lots for stock inventory or customer orders.

One thing to also keep in mind, that if you make or plan to make engine modifications to you ride, chances are your warrantee would be void by FMC. You all know how that stuff goes.

Is this what you are looking for:

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
me too !!! i bought a new 2006 gt on jan 31 2007...they told me the new warranty was for 2007 models...however...their ads on tv did not mention the model year,i will let you guys know after i raise hell with ford on monday...good luck to all of us..the extra miles can save a lot of $$$$

1 - 20 of 28 Posts