Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
http://www.fordvehicles.com/features/news/detail/index.asp?id=1540

I had printed this out when I first got my Mustang back on August 24th. Note the "fine" print at the end of the press release. I'll type it here...

Includes 2006 and 2007 model year Ford products regardless of the launch date...

A 2006 Model Year Ford vehicle sold on or after July 14, 2006 will be covered by a complimentary 5 year/60,000 mile Ford ESP PowertrainCARE extended service contract with a 100 deductible.

Seems like Ford is saying one thing one minute and another thing the next.

·
Registered
636 Posts
me too !!! i bought a new 2006 gt on jan 31 2007...they told me the new warranty was for 2007 models...however...their ads on tv did not mention the model year,i will let you guys know after i raise hell with ford on monday...good luck to all of us..the extra miles can save a lot of $$$$
You should definitely be covered by the extended warranty :headscratch:

·
Registered
419 Posts
I guess hindsight really is 20/20.

Extended Service Plans (ESP) are only good when you need it and only if you have it. The problem is that manufacturers have tributaries (statisticians) that caluclate the number of people willing to buy an ESP,what the likelihood of what's covered will fail in the extended timeframe and what the expected cost of the repiar will be. They then are able to calculate what the cost of the ESP needs to be so that they're not out of an money and it actually provides additional profit for them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just don't understand why you are so upset about this. It happens all the time.

You should complain you didn't get employee pricing because they offered it a week after you bought your car.

You should complain you didn't get the $500 cash back because they offered it two months before you bought your car.

I bought my 06 in July. I didn't get it becasue it was before the offer started. That's the breaks it sucks get over it.

·
Banned
210 Posts
I don't even know if I have a warranty anymore. When I took my car into the dealership to fix the TSB on the fuel pump hesitation they could not duplicate the hesitation and would not do anything. They also called Ford and told them about my mods to which Ford called me and said it voided my warranty. Such SOB's.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
BS but for the rest of you; find a mod friendly dealer so they know before you get there... if you go to one like the one above (we have one here in Cinci too) and they report your car to Ford you're screwed!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I don't know why they do that,what do they have to gain by reporting you? They get paid for the warranty work......very uncool.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I don't know why they do that,what do they have to gain by reporting you? They get paid for the warranty work......very uncool.
Me neither.
Nothing!
They;re stupid!
VERY!!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts