Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings!

I just returned home from the 2006 NAIAS in Detroit. There sure were some beautiful cars. The GT500 and the 650 hp Saleen 650 hp. Also, Chevrolet had their concept 07 Camaro and Dodge with their version of the Challanger. Unlike Bill Ford who had the forethought of putting the concept prototype styling into the current mustang, Bob Lutz based on his current tenure with GM and his botched job with the GTO needs to step up and put the concept Camaro into production. Chrysler on the other hand will probably do so. This is an ironic thought since it was Bob Lutz who was then, head of Chrysler, to take the prototype Prowler, Viper and PT Cruiser into production. The Camaro would be the catalist for GM to get in the black if he did go through with it. I know one thing, it would give the Mustang a run for its money. Don't get me wrong, I love the Mustang, I own a 65 and hope to restore its glory as a GT350. If GM hoses this, they can call it quits for good.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm a Chevy man from the late 60's and I think the 07 Camaro SUCKS. GM is going down the wrong road if they think the Camaro has a retro look,it looks more like a sporty Cadillac. Ford and Chrysler seem to be the only two American car makers which know what Retro Styling is.

Attachments

·
Registered
599 Posts
They can put out all the concepts they want to, I won't believe it til I see it. I dont think any of them, (even it they do them right) will come close to making the impact that the 05 Mustang did. These are just damn good cars!!:smoke:

·
Registered
202 Posts
I agree with the above posts. First, I don't care for the look of the Camaro concept car at all. Second, all the guys in these forums getting all hot and bothered and wanting to trade their Mustangs in the minute the Camaro and Challenger go on sale make me want to laugh. I don't think they realise just what king of masterful job Ford did designing a car that has the power, the handling, the looks, and the build quality of the new Mustang at that selling price. This doesn't happen every day. Just because a concept car has more HP doesn't mean it's going to be a better car. The other manufacturers have their work cut out for them if they are going to arrive with a final product that is as good as the Mustang and sells for the same price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.