Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
anyone know where I could get a replacement trunk floor/spare tire cover?
combination of forgetting to cap the bolt that holds down the spare and throwing my backpack into the trunk have put a hole through and a crack in mine, to where it doesn't stay on the plastic shelf, and small items fall in with the spare.
Worst case scenario I'll fab my own out of plywood and carpet but I figured if someone was selling one that'd be easier
Thanks!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'd make my own, but... For a previous car, I was able to find a replacement trunk liner at a local salvage yard. It was in pretty good condition, too.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i just made a new one for mine out of 1/4" masonite. mine was missing the plastic cap and the spare bolt down bolt too plus water leaks destroyed it. but it didnt punch a hole in the carpet, so i was able to pull it off the board and glue it to the new one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
i just made a new one for mine out of 1/4" masonite. mine was missing the plastic cap and the spare bolt down bolt too plus water leaks destroyed it. but it didnt punch a hole in the carpet, so i was able to pull it off the board and glue it to the new one.
You're such a handyman.

1/4" Masonite does sound like a pretty good choice though. Probably what I'd use if I ever have to replace mine.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
You're such a handyman.

1/4" Masonite does sound like a pretty good choice though. Probably what I'd use if I ever have to replace mine.
thanks stars, ive always been a diy`r :) i think it might be 3/16". the masonite is thin, light, strong and stays flat nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts