Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope Ford manufactures and maintains an inventory of the 2006 Shelby Mustang. This could really help them get back on track and out of the junk bond status. I love Fords. I hope they develop the Shelby with a convertable option and I would like to see the name SHELBY plastered on the back end of the car right below the trunk. I also think if Ford prices this automobile for the everyday enthusiast, sales will skyrocket. Like I said before , this could be Ford's saving grace. I do have experience in the business as a good friend of mine owned a Ford dealership for many years.

Best regards,

Steve Reynolds
Lafayette, California

P.S. I will be purchasing the 2006 Shelby Mustang.

·
Registered
36 Posts
2006 Shelby

Steve,
I saw this 2006 Shelby Mustang at the EAA Air Venture Air Show. Awesome machine. Also got to meet the man himself and got his autograph. Good Luck.:clap

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Steve Reynolds said:
P.S. I will be purchasing the 2006 Shelby Mustang.
Hey Steve out of curiousity , do you already have a dealer that has a shelby with your name on it ??

From the reported 7500 they may build seems like about 25,000-30,000 enthusiasts are ready to buy the car so unless you are in with someone I don't think you will be able to , you know walk in & pick one up off the dealer lot.

BTW - I'm pretty sure they will be released around fall 06 as an 07 model

·
Registered
150 Posts
gee it IS a one trick pony!

7000-7500 Shelbys
1880-2100 dealerships

My rudimentry math skills tell me these things:

1. Profit on an item is needed to offset losses on another item

2. High profit usually means high price vs. less desireable goods sold by others in a given industry.

3. How much more than 300HP and a price under 30K do you need? (wait that's not math...so fit it in where you can)

4. one car with off the hook sales numbers does not instantly make a car company solvent. (Can you say Miata? I knew you could)

5. one car with off the hook profit numbers does not instantly make a car company solvent. (Can you say Suburban?)

The only thing that will make car companies strong is a strong customer base founded on solid dependable product and support after the sale with excellent service centers and a responsive CSI department. Oh..and to support all this a customer base that would be willing to PAY for all this service.

This year you will see a roll back in prices on the vehicles that were heavily incentivized. You will see less discounts by most dealers and a huge jump in the customer satisfaction with the overall transaction in those dealerships that are not giving the cars away...but are demanding from their staff the utmost attention to the customers needs. It won't happen overnight, but there will be a decrease in on the ground inventory and less dependence on huge, poorly trained sales staffs. It will move toward a European car experience--meaning you will order the car you want and wait for delivery. There will be as many service centers but less new car dealers.

Then of course...the year before I retire...as a favor for all these years of faithful service to the industry...I will be the only person in the USA allowed to sell a new car:strut ...yeah...that's the ticket...and my wife...er...MORGAN FAIRCHILD....will deliver it to you...naked...yeah...and...what the heck was I talking about???

·
Registered
829 Posts
RJOlson said:
7000-7500 Shelbys
1880-2100 dealerships

My rudimentry math skills tell me these things:

1. Profit on an item is needed to offset losses on another item

2. High profit usually means high price vs. less desireable goods sold by others in a given industry.

3. How much more than 300HP and a price under 30K do you need? (wait that's not math...so fit it in where you can)

4. one car with off the hook sales numbers does not instantly make a car company solvent. (Can you say Miata? I knew you could)

5. one car with off the hook profit numbers does not instantly make a car company solvent. (Can you say Suburban?)

The only thing that will make car companies strong is a strong customer base founded on solid dependable product and support after the sale with excellent service centers and a responsive CSI department. Oh..and to support all this a customer base that would be willing to PAY for all this service.

This year you will see a roll back in prices on the vehicles that were heavily incentivized. You will see less discounts by most dealers and a huge jump in the customer satisfaction with the overall transaction in those dealerships that are not giving the cars away...but are demanding from their staff the utmost attention to the customers needs. It won't happen overnight, but there will be a decrease in on the ground inventory and less dependence on huge, poorly trained sales staffs. It will move toward a European car experience--meaning you will order the car you want and wait for delivery. There will be as many service centers but less new car dealers.

Then of course...the year before I retire...as a favor for all these years of faithful service to the industry...I will be the only person in the USA allowed to sell a new car:strut ...yeah...that's the ticket...and my wife...er...MORGAN FAIRCHILD....will deliver it to you...naked...yeah...and...what the heck was I talking about???
Like I said RJ... you're always a good read, irrelevant to what's going on in a thread....
Russ

G

·
It's a 2007 Shelby GT500 , selling in summer/ fall of 2006, and good luck getting your hands on one IF you come up with the $$ it will take.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts