Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well basically. im looking to upgrade my car now.

its a battle between headers or gears.

im looking for my car to be fast.

so i guess i might go with headers. my 0-60 time is 5.9 and im hoping with the headers i get 5.5-5.7.

so now is it really worht getting headers? will i see a great performance gain. will i not regret getting this?

also is it hard to install these? and custom tune?

·
Registered
558 Posts
i had bbk headers on my sixer back when i had it, it did nothing but make it louder and with my loudmouths it was too much. gears where by far the one thing that i noticed the most, along with the two mpg drop in fuel economy. i had 3.73 and they got me up and going fast, gears will get your 0-60 time down alot, headers wont really do anything for ya

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really hmmm. wat was ur best time 0-60 on those gearS? in the future imma be driving a lot on the freeway. so r these gears gonna be ok?

·
Registered
558 Posts
gears are gonna kill your mpg a little i drive mostly freeway and i noticed a 2 mpg drop but that was just me. i honestly dont remember but it was quick! my little six could get up and move!!! trust me its a night and day difference with gears. :gringreen just gotta watch yourself with the coppers!!!!!!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Yea if you do carshows, then headers are great, but personally, I wish I would have gone with gears and t-lok instead.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
if your feelin the need for speed, get the gears. the headers are not gonna compare. just put the headers further down on your mod list :)

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Agreed that headers will do nothing for you. They do look pretty though.

Get yourself some 3.73 gears and a Ford Racing limited slip differential. You'll never look back, guaranteed. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow lol u guys r saving my lives i guess lol. how much did u guys pay all total. including t lok and gears and labor total??

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
with our vendor discount, a little over 400 parts, (tlok,gears,bearing kit) should be able to get 300 labor for the 7.5. so about 700.00,,,or for about 900-1000 get 8.8 takeoff rear end and probably a couple hundred to install if your not up to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.