Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My service engine has been comingon and off for about the last 5 days. I took it into the shop and they initially said it was just an optic something or other that was common on my model and year (2000 v6). Also when i was idoling my enigne would make a "waving" sound getting higher and lower.. possibly a belt problem? I know very little when it comes to cars and would really appreciate some ideas/help. Thanks alot:headscratch:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your check engine light usually comes on in response to an imbalance in your fuel/air ratio in your exhaust. Usually. You might try running a can of injector cleaner through your gas tank in case you are running lean. How's your performance been? Have you noticed a drop in your average MPG? You can also take your car to an auto parts store and most of the time they can hook their computer to your car and tell you why the light is on for free (but only of the light is on when they hook it up)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for the respond. i hadnt really paid attention to the mpg but my rpm were taking forever to get up. it would take me a while to get up into fourth gear. my car felt really weak. i took it into the shop and its costing me 1280 to get it fixed. something wrong with that???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.