Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the evils of personal websites are surfacing as my girlfriends ex boyfriend has messaged me on myspace... yes myspace stating he would like to race me... these are his words, that im going to quote and excuse the vulgar language but we are all adults, if a moderator has a problem with the language please just bleep out a couple letters in the word instead of deleting the thread.

"Mustang running 14's stock my ass. I bet anything that little old 4. 0 liter isn't even pushing out 200hp to the wheels you **** bag *****. You bring me a time slip that proves what you ran cause no stock mustang v ******* 6 can run that no chance. My 300zx will run circles around your ass. That mustang the reason why you paid all that money is cause ford is going out of business and they suck balls so bad so they see you walk into the dealership and say look at this ******* lets rip him off and over charge him about 30K for a car that is only worth about 5 so eat **** and die ***."

I would like to state i never said my car is stock, he claims his car is 22 years old so thats how i got the 1985-1986 range on the 300zx.

Now i am running 14.9's at the track, i would like to know, can i beat him? i should be going to turbo this week but powerhouse has now taken over 2 months to ship my turbo so im not sure if it will be here, im aware that with the turbo i would mop the floor with this guy but how about with 14.9's?

PS i believe this thread should stay in this section as opposed to 2005+ v6 tech because this is nothing technical and its honestly a stab to all mustang owners when someone talks like this.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My, my..... he sounds like such a nice person.....:so

I do have a question for you though, what kind of 300ZX is it? Is it a turbo, auto or stick? If it's non-turbo, I think you'll have it as in stock form the non turbo Nissan VG30E only pumped out 160 hp and that iteration of Z car is heavy, those Z's were heavy on gadgets and luxuries of the times. The turbo version, the VG30ET, pumped out 200 hp and are respectfully quick, maybe a 7 second 0-60 car. Another saving grace is that there isn't a bunch of parts you can buy for that car in terms of performance, as it is unpopular with racers for being 'soft' and heavy. You could make that kind of Z fast, but it takes fabrication.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
197 Posts
wow tht guy seems pretty lame lol.

i bet with the turbo and some gears ud scrape him no problem, even without the turbo =P

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im hoping i'd have him now but i kinda wanna wait for the turbo so i can just embarrass him

·
Registered
197 Posts
yea u should take a video of it when you scrape on him =D

·
Registered
119 Posts
hmmmm..... hard to say from the picture, though it is indeed a early to mid 80's 'Z31' 300ZX. This might be a guess, but in the center of the dash, I don't see a boost gauge and the turbo ones did have those. I'm leaning towards this one not being a turbo. i just don't remember if they put them in the main cluster, though I think Nissan put it in the hole in the center of the dash closest to the driver.....

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha i definetly will

·
Registered
726 Posts
You already have his girl. I know it would be fun to crush him in a race but I'd say, let it go. Don't get into some B.S. over him.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I was just about to write the same thing.

You took his girl now you wanna beat him in a race too. And thats a guarantee that youll win, but besides the point, leave the poor guy some dignity. It seems like hes lost it anyway, Id say dont even waste youre time. Id feel disgusted to see a beutiful pony like yours lining up against a pos 80's Z. Waste of time in my opinion.:nono:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
That's either an '84 or '85 non-turbo 300ZX from the dash and steering wheel. '86 wheel is different. I just got rid of an '85 last year in good shape. They are quick but about a second slower to 60 than a 4.0 if both are sticks and stock.

That 300 looks pretty beat up from the interior...I would not expect it to be much better mechanically.

They are a nice luxo-sport ride and have one of the lightest shifters outside of a Honda I ever drove.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Your car would romp all over his without the turbo and gears. Don't forget that horsepower isn't everything, torque plays an integral role in the winning of races as well. Also remember that the inside of your car is stylish and fancy looking, while retaining a bad-ass look and his looks like a 1989 toyota camry. Don't even get me started about the outside... :shigrin

On a side note, how old are you two; 15? So the girl left him and ended up with you, which has him ticked. So what then after you beat him? He'll want a fist fight, or God knows what else and its not going to end. I say if he wants to act like a child then treat him like one and don't race him, ignore him. (not that children should be ignored, but you get my point.) :hihi:

He'll piss off when you move on to another girl, which will invariably happen in time. In the mean time, enjoy laughing every time he claims his piece of garbage can move faster than a real car.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I was having a few other thoughts...

Did you claim that your car was faster than his at some point or is he just having a testosterone overdose and picking a fight with you?

Also, you might ask your girlfriend what she wants you to do. Sometimes in our rage to uphold our own pride, us men will forget that which is more important; in this case, her opinion. If she doesn't want you racing period, you've no more right to race this fool than any other on the road.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I was having a few other thoughts...

Did you claim that your car was faster than his at some point or is he just having a testosterone overdose and picking a fight with you?

Also, you might ask your girlfriend what she wants you to do. Sometimes in our rage to uphold our own pride, us men will forget that which is more important; in this case, her opinion. If she doesn't want you racing period, you've no more right to race this fool than any other on the road.
Very very very valid points brought up here

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am Laughing my Ass off here! 1st cant condone racing illegally. you've done it though. 2nd you already got the girl. 3rd. i do believe stock for stock you will already win, and you's is not anymore, I am guessing.. 4th His car is freaking an old piece of S***.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im 18 and i think he's the same age, i actually have been dating this girl for over a year, he randomly messaged me saying how my car was slow, blah blah blah, it was weird, its like he got bored or something and decided to pick a fight. My girlfriend loves racing which is probably a reason why i like her so much, if this kid wants to race i have no problem beating him, i just didnt know much about that car so i dont wanna go in get humiliated or something, as for the fighting thing... i doubt he'll try to fist fight me, it would be hilarious if he did, and if it happens, i will end it quickly, it's odd i have gotten into more fights with this girl then any other but shes just so darn perfect for me i dont really care cuz it's not like i have lost any fights.

Im hoping it doesnt come down to a fight though, its very ummm stereotypical of people my age but if someone swings at me im not gonna be like o please stop and lets talk this out :hihi:

His last message seemed like a trap of some sort, he now is claiming to be selling his car and trying to befriend me, he also mentions that i have a 13 second mustang or something, i never claimed any of these things.

" when can me and my buddy cum see your 13 second mustang as to be this week cuse i sold my car and i am waiting on my check to clear after i get my money form the check i cant race so we have to do it soon if i cant race you my buddy and his rx-7 wants to race you but thATS between yall and you seem like a pretty cool kid but yeah just hit me up o yeah f*** taylor i anit impressing her at all not in any way and we will race on the street its more fun"

(taylor is my girlfriend fyi) If we're going to race its going to be on the strip or a deserted area i know of.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Dont get me wrong here, violence is necessary. EVERY DAY.

Whats not cool is the prospect of what could happen to you, him, your girl, your car, etc. if a wreck or something of the like happened while racing. If you're going to race, do it on a track.

Other than that, don't be so suspicious of people, see if he's serious and wants to make peace. You don't have to be buddies with him, but theres nothing wrong with making peace with someone.

And if you have to come to blows to settle it then I say better that than getting killed in a street race.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Thats why you just build a 700rwhp car :)

That way the average X Boy friend can never challenge you to a race :) A girl that gets you into fights bro is not a good girl to be in. I landed my self in juvi and the hospital once because a girl.

Sure you beat him up once but next thing you know there fallowing you with base ball bats. Take this from experience you beat him once he is just going to find a way to get back at you. I did the same thing and now I have 6 fake teeth in the back of my mouth and had my jaw wired shut.

No matter how good of a fighter you are the baseball bat will all ways conquer.

The best thing to do is just tell him you would rather cuttle with your girl friend and his x then race a slow car :) that will piss him off. The longer you don't race him the more pissed he will get and just tell him how much you love spooning his x

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thats why you just build a 700rwhp car :)

That way the average X Boy friend can never challenge you to a race :) A girl that gets you into fights bro is not a good girl to be in. I landed my self in juvi and the hospital once because a girl.

Sure you beat him up once but next thing you know there fallowing you with base ball bats. Take this from experience you beat him once he is just going to find a way to get back at you. I did the same thing and now I have 6 fake teeth in the back of my mouth and had my jaw wired shut.

No matter how good of a fighter you are the baseball bat will all ways conquer.
which is exactly why i have a baseball bat next to me in the car at all times, no joke haha, i have only pulled it out once but didnt use it, i never plan on using it but it protects me from multiple people if im out numbered.

As for the girl, she doesnt want me to fight people but she really cant stop me once i get that adrenaline rush to fight, some guy called her a ***** and some other names in school and i confronted him about it and ofcourse he starts running his mouth, he told me to walk away or im gonna get my ass kicked and i said "your not gonna do ****" and he pushed me and it went from there, there was no way my girlfriend is getting between me and someone else, she told me not to but admitted it was cool to see me kick his ass.

anyways im rambling but i'll keep people posted, i will definetly make a video if this goes down.

Edit: i just noticed the ending comments there from you tach, those were hilarious.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
yeah I did my fair share of fighting and it never did me any good. If you really like to fight then do it in a cage. I got into allot of trouble with getting into fights and trust me having a bat wont do any thing. If you want protection get OC Spray. If you strike any one with a base ball bat it can be considered attemptive murder and can be considered a weapon if found on you by the cops and you have no other base ball gear in your car.

I learned the hard way when a cop found a bat in my trunk the only thing that got me out of him taking me in were batting gloves next to it. As dumb as that may sound its the truth. You may not get into trouble but they will take you will them if they feel you are a threat that night or worse take your base ball bat and I know my bat was a Redline and those are $$

OC Spray if used is non lethal and is considered self defense. To me a much better thing to have. I keep a Sig in my trunk and OC under my seat. The sig of course is locked up in a case and a trigger lock. I have used the OC on occasion as well when Ricer punks get crazy and you will never get in trouble with it as long as it is the Legal OC not the law enforcement. As long as you can prove or say you felt your life was in eminent danger.

I started to train MMA at a gym in fresno and its the best thing I could ever do. I have been able to train with Koschiek and Chuck many times and if you love to fight you should look into that and tell him to fight you there with rules just like you would race him in the track.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.