Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey this may sound kind of stupid...

But I was wondering if there is some way to convert my transmission from automatic to manual.. so im wondering if this can be professionally done or what, if possible at all...anyway your help is appreciated!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Wouldnt it just be easier to trade in your car for a stick? I cant imagine it would be a cheap swap (if it could be done.) for an 05/06.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Well actually, yea, thats what i am going to try to do....but my GT is currently wrecked right now and im not sure if we are going to be able to get another loan to get a new one...So, saying i get mine repaired, and i wanted to convert it, what would i need to go about doing....do professionals do this sort of work? and how much would it cost?

-thanks

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mustangman420 said:
Well actually, yea, thats what i am going to try to do....but my GT is currently wrecked right now and im not sure if we are going to be able to get another loan to get a new one...So, saying i get mine repaired, and i wanted to convert it, what would i need to go about doing....do professionals do this sort of work? and how much would it cost?

-thanks
Wow,

All kinds of things come to mind. This won't be like changing a tranny out on a 68'. Lots of issues to deal with concerning the cars computer. Shifter linkage differences between the two types of trannys. Driveshaft change, etc. I imagine, and this is a guess, you'll end up paying a professional 10K or more for this change. You might get some relief by selling the auto tranny though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts