Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so after 2 DOAs in 2 weeks I am tossing the POS Ford battery. I have installed a NAPA battery (NAPAONLINE®). It was longer but that was not an issue. My question is on the heat shield material that was on the original. It does not fit the new battery. Is it needed and if so what should I use to replace the original one.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
It’s a pretty safe bet that manufacturers don’t spend money on things they don’t need too in general. Every manufacturer has engineers that sit around all day trying to re-design parts to shave pennies because I large volumes those pennies add up quite a bit. If they could simply leave a part out entirely they would be all over it.

In addition to that everything electrical performs better when cooler, batteries included.

Have you thought that maybe the Motorcraft battery wasn’t a POS but a good batter living it’s life I a harsh environment? Its incredibly hot under the hood of a S197. Anything you can do to cool anything is helpful.

You can probably get this through Summit or Jegs

Thermo-Tec: Battery Wrap Acid Absorbing Heat Barrier

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is kinda what I figured but thought I would ask... Thanks for the link

I may be being a bit harsh towards the battery but being left high and dry twice two weeks apart colors my opinion of said battery :)

It could be cut but then it would not cover the whole battery. The OEM battery is smaller length wise.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Get some long velcro straps, cut the cover, wrap it around with the opening on the back/firewall side, and strap it with the velcro straps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.