Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Mustang convertible and the frame for the convertible top is BENT!

Here is the driver's side, it's good:
DRIVER.jpg

Here is the passenger's side, it's not good:
PASSENGER.jpg

2005-2011 All take the same top. I've been calling junk yards for days and NO ONE has a convertible top frame for my car! I really really really don't want to buy an OEM frame. I'd much rather find a used one or even an aftermarket one and I'd rather buy that component vs. a whole frame if that is possible.

Or can I have someone take it out and bend it back into shape? I'm pretty sure it bent because it was way overdue to be lubricated... like, it bent when I was opening it up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm sorry but it is very unlikely to find a 05-09 mustang in a junkyard. we have a couple dozen of junk yards in my area and they all told me that they cannot get a hold on this year stang. apparently Ford buys all the wrecked/salvage vehicles.

I don't have a convertible stang but I've done some metal work. If you get yourself a Mapp gas torch and a heavy hammer you can bend the metal back to shape. What you do is heat the metal piece at the bend with the torch and use a the heavy hammer to bend it back to shape. Look around on YouTube and you can probably find a video on it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've had very good luck with a guy in CT named Bob at Connecticut Mustang Salvage. I know for a fact that he's got more than a few verts in his inventory...google him or PM me & I'll hook you up with his info
Doc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts