Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2007 v6 convertible a few days ago. The car looks and runs great. But last night there was a huge thunderstorm and this morning I saw a little water under the rear window. It wasn't a lot at all but I just bought this car so any problems I am concerned about. So I felt around the windows and on the drivers side there was a little gap between the canvas the window is attached to and the canvas for the top. I felt to the other side and it wad overlapped so I kinda just overlapped the drivers side the same way. I have never owned a convertible so I'm curious as to if this is how it should be or if those canvases should be sealed together.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Was the gap between the drivers or back seat window? If so check the rubber weatherstripping, the front doors have multiple pieces.

Also check the top fold, the inside felt sometimes gets stuck behind the metal hinges on mine.

If you are talking about a gap on the glued in back window, that will have to be fixed by a shop or Ford.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The the gap is in the rear windshield. But I've been looking at it over the weekend and I think it something I need to get taken care of in a shop (and it better be done for free from the dealer since I just bought the car haha)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts