Ford Mustang Forum banner

2007 For Mustang Convertible interior water leakage and damage

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MustanginRI 
#1 ·
For the past couple of years I have noticed there is water under the floor of my mustang and I hear it run from back to front and vice versa when going up and down hills. My back seats are always wet with now having grown mold on them and the entire floor of my car stays wet as well with a puddle on the floor in front of the back seat. I got it cleaned (shampooed) but the stains from the mold are still on the back seats and when you sit on them even when they are dry, they are still wet. my trunk floor is always wet also. There are no holes in my roof and there is nothing wrong under the hood of my car but this water thing is a mess. Any suggestions on what it could be from, what to do, and what is would cost to get it professionally handled? Can I handle the problem myself? Would there be rust on my floor bottom from the water being there so long? Do I have to replace my backseats because of the mold? Do I have to replace whatever is under the floor since it stays wet there too? What to do?rain.gif

#2 ·
Your rear fender drains are clogged. Lower your top and with a flash light look down where you small back side windows are. There are drain holes in the bottom that clog up. You need a long slender pole/stick to free up the holes. Water should drain out when cleared.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.