Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im new to the site and this is my first post so excuse me if im not up to par with everything. I have a 66 coupe with the original 289 in its and have been looking for some options to upgrade and mod this car, found a guy who took out his '07 gt motor and tranny harness and ecu to switch to a carbed racing setup, the motor and accessories are fair price (3500.00) it has 42385 miles on that engine and all maintenece records so it seems like the guy took care of his engine

So my question is has anyone seen it done or done it them selves? And what are the possible problems ill run into? Is it even worth it or am I gonna end up putting 6000 bucks into just trying to get it running?

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
the biggest issue is the fitment among other things...it's just too wide to fit between the shock towers...
You are much better off building a stroker 347 out of the engine you have and adding a T5 behind it...giddyup

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pretty much figured that much was just wanting to do something unique, searched everywhere for that and could find one done yet, heard using mustangII front suspension will get the clearence issue as far as width taken care of, but im starting to lean towards just building what I got into a nice little monster, appreciate the quick responce

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
I pretty much figured that much was just wanting to do something unique, searched everywhere for that and could find one done yet, heard using mustangII front suspension will get the clearence issue as far as width taken care of, but im starting to lean towards just building what I got into a nice little monster, appreciate the quick responce
you can cut the shock towers for fitment, it was done back in the day to stuff like a Cleveland in it, but it takes someone with some good body skills and a torch to do it...not a huge deal
Everyone wants "unique", but unless you are flush with cash you might want to stick with what is "doable"...
Nothing wrong with a nice stroker motor, esp for a car that lightweight

You might consider getting a 32V Cobra engine and putting a carb on it...a guy named "full on fab" sells the intake and crank fired dizzy...add a T45 5 spd and you could avoid all the hassles of fuel injection

1 - 4 of 4 Posts