Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm stumped! 07, Roush short throw shifter, Roush round shift knob. When I accelerate medium to hard, A little rattling sound comes from the shift arm and knob assembly. I can assure you that nothing is loose! It's driving me crazy! Any Ideas?

CK

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess it is! I has 2 bolts very close to the mechanism, about level with the opening in the floor pan. This is the only design I have ever seen.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I guess it is! I has 2 bolts very close to the mechanism, about level with the opening in the floor pan. This is the only design I have ever seen.
And the shift bar is tight? May want to unbolt it, apply some red thread locker, and reinstall.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try that! I'm also going to fabricate sort sort of damper near the base of the arm. I may get to it tommorow, I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a hurst and i experience the same problem on medium acceleration. everythings tight with treadlocker. I sure can't figure it out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the same problem in third with my delaer installed Hurst as well. I called hurst and they claim it is normal, they said factory shifter has much more isolation for vibration than theirs does. The dealer said it might get better with time, but not to expect it. Sounds like something we just have to live with. The Hurst makes the car MUCH more fun to drive, I will take the notchiness (which I kinda like) and a little rattling anyday, than that factory shifter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.