Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the soft ones exist like on the 2004? I just picked up a 2007 V6 Premium convertible (no boot with it). Would rather just have a soft tonneau cover to cover the top (down) and the back seats for open road driving. Can't find anything (but the hard styles) for the 2005 and up body style! Am I gonna have to get a boat cover/upholstery outfit to custom make one for me? :frustrated:

Thanks! :wavey

·
Registered
889 Posts
All of the aftermarket ones we've found (one of my father's mustangs is a 07 vert) are the hard ones that would be a pain to try to store if you wanted to put the top up on the road. The only soft boot we've been able to find is the one made by Ford and it runs $400. My father decided he didn't need a boot for it that badly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's all I've been able to find as well. The boot ($$$) doesn't cover enough IMO. I'll see how it goes on the open road. Might not really need it. The top goes up on these new ragtops pretty fast anymore. There's always the custom cover outfits.

Thanks guys! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
242 Posts
stlwagon, I actually seen one of those plastic jokes up close, and then followed it down the road. It shook, and flopped arounc and was just a JOKE !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Picked a boot up on ebay for a hundred bucks. We'll see how it works. Says it's OEM for 2005> (had a picture of it still in the bag with the instruction sheet showing 2005>). We'll see what happens. :scratchchin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.