Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 GO Coupe and want to tint the door windows but the last time it was done they would scratch every time they were raised and lowered. I heard they don't have the felt protection that is on the 2008 - 2010. If this is true what is the part number I need to fix this problem.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yea i have the same problem my tint is scratched also, took it to a tint shop there no was felt to prevent it from scratching. They said the could fix it by using the soft side of velcro in the place of the felt. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Has anyone used this mole skin felt? I want to remove my tint because I too am getting scratches. I wonder if you make your own felt and line the weather strip. I need to see what the mole skin looks like and its properties. Like Mystang12 said, maybe the soft side of velcro would do.

·
Registered
109 Posts
We installed Moleskin on our '06 about 6 months after we got the Windows tinted (Spring of 06). Before we did the moleskin we got some scratches on the passenger window ting. We have had 0 new scratches since putting on the mole skin.

I'm amazed it still on there with the temps we see in southern Az. I've seen internal temps of well over 180F. I was also a little worried about the dust/dirt that is around Arizona getting in the moleskin and scratching the tint. Its been a non issue. We pretty much forgot it was installed, other than the tint doesn't get scratched anymore.

IIRC, it took me about 1 hour to do both sides, and that was with me following instructions as that was the first time I ever had the panel off.

~Mark

·
Registered
225 Posts
We installed Moleskin on our '06 about 6 months after we got the Windows tinted (Spring of 06). Before we did the moleskin we got some scratches on the passenger window ting. We have had 0 new scratches since putting on the mole skin.

I'm amazed it still on there with the temps we see in southern Az. I've seen internal temps of well over 180F. I was also a little worried about the dust/dirt that is around Arizona getting in the moleskin and scratching the tint. Its been a non issue. We pretty much forgot it was installed, other than the tint doesn't get scratched anymore.

IIRC, it took me about 1 hour to do both sides, and that was with me following instructions as that was the first time I ever had the panel off.

~Mark
180F :surprised I hope that is a typo!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yep - I had my windows do the same thing after i retinted the car post purchase (took about 3 months to get some noticeable scratches on it.

Pulled the rubber out of the door, cleaned the heck out of it, and installed the moleskin and then had the windows retinted the same day. They're still crystal clear today (2 years later).

Definitely worthwhile just make sure you clean the hell out of the rubber and the window channels.

·
Registered
109 Posts
180F :surprised I hope that is a typo!
Not a typo. In Southern Az, interior temps of a parked vehicle Easily hit 160-170, even on not so hot days. On those 110F days, even a sun shade in the windshield won't keep it from super heating the interior.

New drivers in Az learn tricks like turning you steering wheel upside down so the hot part is the bottom of the wheel, making sure your metal seat belt parts are shoved down low so they don't get overly hot etc.

~Mark

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Must be a lot of moles running around with no skin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts