Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just received my Metco forward drive shaft loop to fit the 4" d/s. Its a bolt in using existing holes. No drilling, just bolt it in. I'll try and get it in this weekend and some pic if I'm feeling better. I think I'll have to remove the front of the d/s to get the loop in place. I'll post some info when I do. It's made of 1/4" steel and very nicely made. More to follow.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Hey Travelers, I am sorry your not feeling well. I would love to see the Metco loop so please do post some pics. Get better.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Well I just received my Metco forward drive shaft loop to fit the 4" d/s. Its a bolt in using existing holes. No drilling, just bolt it in. I'll try and get it in this weekend and some pic if I'm feeling better. I think I'll have to remove the front of the d/s to get the loop in place. I'll post some info when I do. It's made of 1/4" steel and very nicely made. More to follow.
That's one reason I like the CHE piece. No lowering the d/s required.

·
Registered
179 Posts

I'm not sure that you would have to remove the driveshaft for this one. I looked into this Metco a couple of weeks ago. By the photo it looks like it will bolt around the driveshaft.

Driveshaft Safety Loop, Driveshaft Safety Loops: Metco Motorsports

Of course there is the possibility that I'm way off.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll know in a week or so when I get a chance to get it in.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Did you get that loop in? I'm thinking about going with the same one.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Does anyone know why they are so freaking expensive?!?! $150 for a loop? I don't get it.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the one thing I like is you don't need to drill any holes in the body. Plus its made of 1/4" steel and bent to clear parts under there. I beleive its NHRA legal because it has 4 bolts holding it together.

And of course the fuel costs

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I'm not aware of any part for the S197 that I'd consider a bargain. :so
And that has to be true if you are saying it. Since I think you have bought them all. :hihi:

A DS loop seems like since it is made out of $8 worth of steel, with maybe $3 worth of hardware, it should cost about $25.

I could see paying $150 for the *first* one but every one after that....

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
And that has to be true if you are saying it. Since I think you have bought them all. :hihi:

A DS loop seems like since it is made out of $8 worth of steel, with maybe $3 worth of hardware, it should cost about $25.

I could see paying $150 for the *first* one but every one after that....
I agree 100% Look at the driveshaft loops for the Foxes. They aren't $150!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Does anyone know why they are so freaking expensive?!?! $150 for a loop? I don't get it.
I'm under the assumption they do it simply because they can.

That or maybe it looks beefier in real life or it has to have more precision or god knows what...

·
Registered
3,106 Posts

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
All the safety loops are $63 until you get to the Mustang/Ford loops. Only then do you start hitting $100+.
Driveshaft Safety Loops Parts: Metco Motorsports

Pass. I bought a welder for a reason. So I could weld everything in sight! Talk about addicting.
Well it's clearly the law of supply and demand then. They'll sell for whatever the market will bear. If we all quit buying this stuff, the prices would drop.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well it's clearly the law of supply and demand then. They'll sell for whatever the market will bear. If we all quit buying this stuff, the prices would drop.
You are right but with all the different products out there you would also think the prices would come down by now.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Being in Marketing myself,I can say it is supply and demand.It also has to do with the fact that our cars are new and the older they get the more the prices will come down. The sellers know they have a window of time to get the most they can and they will. I made one myself,not all that difficult.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ha. Bear market. (Pretty sure we're in one:wavey)

After BKid said he was in marketing, I figured that he was going to say something about that. But since he didn't...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.