Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there has been numerous posts about 15" wheels for the 05-08 mustangs, but i still cant quite find what i am looking for. If anybody knows of a 15" wheel (not outrageously priced) that will bolt up to these cars i want to know. i dont mind if they stick out a little, my car is not lowered. I want to think a centerline Telestar 15x8 with a 5 inch backspace would work, but im not sure. i heard somewhere a Centerline convo pro 15x8.5 with a 5 inch backspace would fit, but they are WAY out of my price range. im basically looking for a budget minded, 15" wheel that will bolt up to my car. Front AND rear wheels preferably.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
597 Posts
You are looking for 15 inch wheels? OK, why not. Most people on the site are looking for bigger wheels and not smaller.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Most people on the site are looking for bigger wheels and not smaller.
People who want to go fast dont look for giant wheels.

The availability of racing tires for 15" wheels surpasses all other sizes. The traction of 15" wheels is superior.
Big wheels add rotaional weight too.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Greg weld has some coming out for our cars but I don't think they will be available until May.
Not positive but with the 15" wheels I think the backspacing is 7" for the rear wheels

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i want a wheel i can actually drive on the street.......i know bogart makes 15s that will fit BUT i have been told they arent a very streetable wheel......they are too light and would bend very easy in pot holes. i wouldnt use them ALL the time, maybee just for a week at a time or something like that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
im planning on running my weld pro-stars off of my AMC GREMLIN race car. ( yes i have a gremlin race car) the gremlin has the same bold pattern ( 4.5" x 5 ) and the fronts are 15x5 and the rears are 15x10 with 6.5 rear spacing. im hoping they fit perfectly. ive noticed a lot of guys are running 20" x 10" wheels with 6.5" backspacing. Im only planning on using the welds at the track with a set of 26x10.5 drag radials to get a little bit lower rear gear ratio.

i also have a set of 20"x9" shelby razors for the car for cruising.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.