Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I got a Boost-A-Pump but it didn’t come with instructions for installation, I was wondering if anyone knew of a write up done for our cars, I googled a little bit but came up with nothing, I imagine it's fairly straight forward but I'd like to make sure I'm doing it right. Thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Send a message or give a call to Kenne Bell. They probably can supply you with instructions. I have the full SC install instructions filed away somewhere. If you can't get anything from KB, I can dig out the BAP stuff and post the basics. As I remember it's fairly simple, just need to pick the right wires. Also there was a replacement fuse for the fuel-pump to allow more juice.

Kenne Bell Web Home
Contact Kenne Bell
email: [email protected]

·
Registered
87 Posts
I says to myself, self, don't be a chump, you have the instructions, go get them...

Here is a high-level condensed version of the KB instructions. Hope it helps...

- disconnect battery
- replace 30 amp fuse with 40amp, fuse #41 in the fuse block, verify in owners manual as Ford does rearrange sometimes.
- remove trunk carpet and center trim piece, has 4 push-pins (trim tool works great) and 2 torx #3 screws
- unwrap wiring harness to fump pump driver module (FPDM) back to first junction. FPDM is on drivers side.
- locate best position for BAP module against rear panel, check that the wires actually reach the FPDM and the ground wire reaches the nearby Ford ground wire. mount the BAP with 1/4" drilled hole and self-tapping screws.
- KB recommends soldering each of the connections and protecting with heat shrink tubing.
- find white wire going to FPDM, cut and splice in the BAP input (FUSED) wire to the half that comes FROM THE TRUNK.
- the other half of the cut wire, the one that goes to the FPDM, solder that to the output (non-FUSED) wire from the BAP.
- KB stresses triple-checking wiring. FUSED BAP wire connected to wire from harness. NON-FUSED BAP wire goes to the FPDM.
- attach ground to 10mm ground bolt (nearby on the back of trunk)
- tape it all up really nice (no moisture).
run a small hole through the rubber grommet on the trunk 'shelf' and feed through the BAP wiring.
- run the wiring through over the axle, follow fuel-filler tube, use zip ties. I ran mine along the fuel lines through the channel on the drivers side all the way to the front wheel well.
- remove front/driver wheel and inner fender (screwdriver & trim tool).
- feed up through engine compartment near A/C dryer. Mount BAP switch on A/C dryer bracket.
- need a vacuum source, on KB/SC it's tee'd into the bypass valve. You're on you own from here if BAP is on a non-SC engine.
- put trunk back together, inner fenders, wheel (and lugs, that's a good thing to remember). connect battery. hope for the best.

no warranty on these instructions, express or implied. your BAP experience may vary. void where void, prohibited where prohibited... ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hehe, I really appreciate the time you took to write this up. I'll definatly be printing this out and using it for refrence. thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.