Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 Mustang GT where I originally put a set of Flowmaster original 40 series on it. I thought it was too quiet so I had the exhaust shop remove the mufflers and put a straight pipe with tips on. Originally I was happy with the muffler delete, but after a couple months I don't like the raw sound and popping. I have heard some sound clips on the MAC Boom tubes which have some baffling that seems to give the exhaust a better tone, but don't want to drop another $300 on an exhaust. I am now looking at putting a welded straight race muffler on: Dynomax Performance "Ultra Flo Welded Mufflers" part # 24215 or Flo-Pro Twister Race Muffler part # F4 Series 4" round 12" long case.

Is anyone running these. The only other mods I have done:
C&L racer intake, Diablo Predator tune, JBA shorty headers, Hurst competition shifter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In your opinion would you describe the sound to be: Deep and aggressive or more exotic? I really like the sound clips of the MAC boom tubes which seem give off a more crisp and muscle car sound verse my muffler delete open pipe setup. I don't have a problem with loud, I just want something more crisp, not so raspy and raw.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
In your opinion would you describe the sound to be: Deep and aggressive or more exotic? I really like the sound clips of the MAC boom tubes which seem give off a more crisp and muscle car sound verse my muffler delete open pipe setup. I don't have a problem with loud, I just want something more crisp, not so raspy and raw.
Keep-in-mind that I run these in series with a set of FRPP Stingers. But when I ran them with straight pipes it was a very deep sound.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking of having them installed in a more traditional mid-pipe instead of Axel back location. Do think this would change the tone?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Did you like this setup? I am trying to figure a way to quiet my exhaust. The blower made my car loud!

Keep-in-mind that I run these in series with a set of FRPP Stingers. But when I ran them with straight pipes it was a very deep sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.