Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased Bamachips 91 Octane race tune about a month ago and downloaded it with no problem. Several weeks later I installed a pair of Flowmaster AT axle back mufflers. I am now having problems with my 2007 GT backfiring, particularly when I let off on the gas all of a sudden upwards of two thousand rpms.

I am pretty sure that there is no exhaust leak from having installed the ATs, but I will be double checking on that asap.

I have the 91 bamachips race tune, but in my neck of the woods, I can only purchase either 92 or 93 octane gas. My question is this, is it possible/likely that the backfires are caused by using the higher octane fuel, all of which is not being burned in the engine cylanders (because the race tune is calibrated for 91 octane) and some of which is escaping into the exhaust system causing the backfires?

Have less than 7K miles on the car so timing chain and intake manifold issues would not seem to be likely causes.

Anyone else have this problem or have a heard tell?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
An actual backfire or the exhaust is burbling on decel? There's a big difference. If it sounds like a gunshot, you've got backfire.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.