Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a before and after pic that i took the other day. only 13,000 miles on it and it has CAKED with dirt, even a spider's web in there too. Very easy to get at. pop the hood, and its under that black plastic piece under the windshield. pull off the two fasteners and you are golden.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
109 Posts
how much do they go for? does not look that bad, couldn't you just blow it out with compressed air?

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
46,000 miles, I still haven't changed mine. I wonder if they make a washable one. :scratchchin

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much do they go for? does not look that bad, couldn't you just blow it out with compressed air?
i bought one online for like $8 :bigthumbsup

And PC, maybe you will be less prone to sneezing if you change it now:laugh:

·
Registered
109 Posts
aww ok for 8 bucks I wouldn't bother cleaning it either lol

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I looked at mine at about 15,000 miles and it was clean as new. I plan to change it at 30K. Where do you drive to get it that dirty?

Frank

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I looked at mine at about 15,000 miles and it was clean as new. I plan to change it at 30K. Where do you drive to get it that dirty?

Frank
My car is daily driven 365 days out of the year, i have taken it to about 8 different states, i have NOT off-roaded in it (the most off-roading i did was at that drive in movie i went to with my club), yes NJ does have a lot of people that excrete many foul things from various places on their bodies, ans yes i did notice that the air coming into the cabin smelt cleaner.

Also i park her outside all year round. (no garage at parent's home:so)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Ditto. Maybe Hotshot's been doing some off-road driving... :D
When we lived in northern NJ, we were in a house right on Route 10 in Whippany (a four-lane divided highway). The sides of our duplex were really caked with a real fine grit, even after we washed it down.

I'm wondering if it's a combination of stuff worn off the road, brake dust, tire rubber, and whatever other gunk is floating around!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
changed mine at 30k and it was pretty dirty too. and the smell from the vents was like mildew. lots of humidity in S.Florida and lots of dust where I work.
come to think of it, I need to change it again. the smell from the vents is getting bad again.

funny story.
a friend of mine changed his CAF when I recommended he check it. pulled the filter out of his Toyota SUV and it looked like shag carpet, the dust was so thick. red and green too. I teased him about hitting Santa.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
46,000 miles, I still haven't changed mine. I wonder if they make a washable one. :scratchchin
and its probably filthy as hell. changed out the wifes last month, she has 35K and it was very dirty.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts