Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 07GT with center light grill. On the way to work at 3:30am yesterday kept noticing light's dim then go bright. we'll the wire extension's are loose and no good every time i hit a bump they flicker. Has anyone cut the factory socket and extended the factory wire's? Or doe's anyone know the proper plug size to plug into factory side and light bulb side? To make my own extension's.

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank's for the help. Looked at the extension cable's you listed on e-bay. The problem is the yellow end's are the same on the extension's already in the car. they don't set well and cause the light's to flicker going over bump's.

·
Registered
424 Posts
You're quite welcome.

I guess if those do not work well, then you could replace the yellow ends with the Motorcraft WPT-148 connectors I mentioned.

You might also be able to dissassemble the connectors you have and bend the insides of terminal contacts to make a better connection.

-Stangstta

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just pulled and looked again. it's where the wire's go into the socket's there's a lot of play. i'll try and dissasemble them and see what i can do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.