Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday (Feb 20, 2015) I pulled out from a QuickTrip - making a left - and took it too fast! Fishtailed... fought it...
fishtailed back the other way into a 180 and hit the curb with the rear driverside wheel.

OUCH (rookie mistake)

Symptoms were a cracked wheel, squeaks during braking...cherping while moving... all of the noise you can think of, but still moving down the road.

Took it to a local shop - Rosemead Automotive here in Dallas: I ordered a new wheel factory wheel (midwestwheelandtire.com), they replaced the axle shaft (told me the axle housing was fine) fixed the driver rear brakes calipers pins, replaced pads and rotors on both rear wheels, and had an alignment done.

So far I've spent:
$299 - wheel ($97.68 for 2-Day)
$1148.82 - shop parts & labor

Total
$1,545.50

I'm sure I could've saved money on this, but I don't have a garage or tools...so it seemed far to me.

Snow & Ice here in Dallas has slowed everything down but today was the 1st day I could really look under the car.... On the passenger side rear, the axle looks further OUT and the driver side, where it took the blow, looks tucked in.

You guessed it!

They missed the big BEND in the Panhard Bar. dissapointed.gif

Pics attached.
(The snow covered shot is with the repairs done)

Is it okay to drive around with this for a few days while I get one ordered?
Which adjustable pan hard bar do you recommend? I plan on taking a new one over to them and having them install it... unless someone can recommend a good place to get the work done here in Dallas?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Unless you're just dying to buy an adjustable panhard, I have my stock one I'll just give to you. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hell, I wish I knew you needed a new wheel before you bought one. I have 2 in the attic.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unless you're just dying to buy an adjustable panhard, I have my stock one I'll just give to you. Let me know if you're interested.
Hell, I wish I knew you needed a new wheel before you bought one. I have 2 in the attic.
Wow, feels like I should've posted this before I got the wheel.

Oh well. Thanks man.

Also, I am getting an adjustable one... I have some lowering springs that are calling my name and I'll need an adjustable panhard bar after I drop 1.5 inches. So, I may as well get the adjustable now.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
They missed the big BEND in the Panhard Bar. dissapointed.gif

Pics attached.
(The snow covered shot is with the repairs done)

Is it okay to drive around with this for a few days while I get one ordered?
Yeah it'll be OK as long as you take it easy round the corners.

·
Registered
256 Posts
You Texas boys stick by each other. Very cool! Nice to see that kind of support.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it'll be OK as long as you take it easy round the corners.
Thanks man... I went ahead and ordered the BMR adj. pan hard bar at American Muscle.

It should be here in a few days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts