Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now i have stock pipes with cutouts up front and a muffler delete. I recently have just purchased a pypes o/r x pipe. I am a loud freak. i love loudness. what what would be a good set up to go with? right now i am contemplating the slp loudmouths with the o/r x pipe. I want loud i'm just really worried about sounding crappy. Keep in mind though for me the louder the better!:D

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I am a loud freak. I love loudness.
You're not a loud freak. You just like your car's exhaust to sound loud.
A true loud freak would have posted:
I AM A LOUD FREAK.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I AM A LOUD FREAK! LOVE IT!!!!!;)

Better? lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have shorties how much of a differience will that effect my sound? obviously lt's are better but as of now i really don't want to purchase a new set of headers, i just got these ones not too long ago.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
IMO stay away from SLP LM's with an X pipe. I would say go with some FRPP/Borla stingers.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hotshot, he wants LOUD!!!!!! Long tube are a huge improvement over shorties, both in sound and in performance. Paired with an o/r x and SLP LM's it just might be one of the loudest options next to going with full open headers!

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Do you want the loudest possible, regardless of what it takes away from performance? (Maybe lose a little high end hp... Around 5-10 hp gone...)

:scratchchin

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would like to keep horsepower, but i would like to make it as loud as possible at the same time.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Run my exhaust with an xpipe without cats and stage 3cams LOL. Just cut the exhaust completly out. It will be louder than you can handle. Seriously though run some long tubes with xpipe no cats and high flow mufflers. The problem is doing this will almost certainly make it sound like a tuner. Really raspy. Wont have that deep muscle car sound at all. The 3valves just arn't like the old 5.0s where you can get that rediculously loud sound and still make it sound good.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
Run my exhaust with an xpipe without cats and stage 3cams LOL. Just cut the exhaust completly out. It will be louder than you can handle. Seriously though run some long tubes with xpipe no cats and high flow mufflers. The problem is doing this will almost certainly make it sound like a tuner. Really raspy. Wont have that deep muscle car sound at all. The 3valves just arn't like the old 5.0s where you can get that rediculously loud sound and still make it sound good.
so maybe a H pipe, Long tubes, and SLP LM's?

Or maybe, do they make pro dumps for the S197? So the exhaust dumps out the middle of the car like on the old foxbodies?

·
Registered
186 Posts
You got it. My opinion after getting mine and hearing alot of others is to stick with the LT's catted H and a good High Flow Muffler. Borla sounds great to me. I would just go through some of the exhaust clips and you can get a good idea of what the differnt systems will sound like. But just about everyone will recomend the LT and Catted H for our cars. Some like the x but just depends on the sound you want.

I have no idea about the pro dumps never seen them for our car years

so maybe a H pipe, Long tubes, and SLP LM's?

Or maybe, do they make pro dumps for the S197? So the exhaust dumps out the middle of the car like on the old foxbodies?

·
Registered
101 Posts
dont use an x pipe it will not be any loader, it will just make your car sound less aggressive and more exotic. I would also check out the SLP loud mouth.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.