Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there Stangers,

I am new to the forum, just purchased a 07 Mustang GTCS in San Marcus, Tx... I have had 2 prior mustangs 04 and 05 but never really put much into the cars upgrade wise. When I sat in this one, there was a world of difference.. I am looking to add to whats already upgraded. Have a few questions being that I don't know much about increase of horsepower.. I have about a good 60% knowledge of motors, I can do the basics brakes plugs, oil, trans etc... modifications and tools to be used to modify are out of my league, so I ask off the top what should be my horse power at this point, I see that stock is 300hp, I bought the car with a K&N intake, and it has HPipes, can someone tell me more or less what I "should be pulling"?

·
Registered
575 Posts
probably no more than 10 hp more than stock for the car. those mod motors love a little forced induction.

G

·
Welcome to AFM! Check out our 05-10 sections for some great info. Agreed - probably just a few HP to the wheels with that setup. If you don't have a tune you might look into that. The aftermarket is wide open for mods on these cars.

Have fun!
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
102 Posts
K&N cold air intake or just the filter? If you have the CAI you're probably looking at 10-15 if you're running a tune. If it's just a filter lucky to get 5.
The car comes with a stock H pipe so I'm not sure if that was upgraded, even if it is it'll not give you a power bust.
Enjoy the GT/CS, I sure do mine. You should look at getting a CAI and a tune, it'll make it a new car driving experience. HP wise about 15-25 at most but the throttle response will be sick difference.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
A GT/CS doesn't make any more power than a GT. You are probably making 260-270rwhp. Those mods you have probably aren't doing much for HP gain.

Your trans and rear end are identical to the GT also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts